Going from MT- Card TO GW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rickycoe123, Oct 7, 2014.

1. rickycoe123
    OP

rickycoe123 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2014
    Hi guys, Firstly, Close this thread if someone has posted about it before..

Now down to business-

I just sold my MT-Card to someone I know as it doesn't support Smash. ( I have retail on a 8FW XL) and I have my 4.1 Aqua blue console which I was using with the MT-Card.

After reading today Nintendon't has released FW 9.X.X.

Will I still be able to buy a GW, and play Smash rom or any rom up to 8.X.X or does it involve EmuNand.

As i previously said, I Don't care about online as i have retail copy. I just wanted to have one for my wife and I I to play.

If anyone has any information about needing/not needing EmuNand to play this game it would be of use!

Thanks and hoping for a response.

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    you can still install emunand and use roms to update emunand, you just can't update it to 9.x as that is not supported yet
    however, if a game needs a patch to play it online, like smash does, then you cant download that patch, because eshop won't let you in without 9.x emunand
    but I guess, you could still play smash offline on it

3. rickycoe123
    OP

rickycoe123 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2014
    Is there an option to just go to 8.X.X or am I forced to update to 9.X.X on EmuNand? On MT you have to update to the latest, which was a pain.

4. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    What's the details on this patch? Will it just cause a minor set back or is GW kill?
    Also I hope this doesn't affect ORAS (considering how close to launch it is,it might not) but I have a retail copy on reserve anyways