GodMode9 v1.8.0 released

gm9logo.png

It's been three whole years since @d0k3 first unveiled GodMode9, his homebrew Swiss Army knife for the 3DS, and today a new update has been released just in time for the celebrations!

Version 1.8.0 brings some new interesting features as well as improvements and bug fixes. A few notable ones are the ability to create installable CIAs from DSiWare NDS files, a tool capable of printing useful information from CIAs, new scripting commands & switches and a few bugfixes made to the Megascript. There are of course many more and you can read about them in the full changelog below.

• [new] CIA Checker tool gives insights into any CIA file provided
  • [new] DSiWare NDS files can be converted to CIA
  • [new] Offer fixing for BOSS files on failed verification
  • [improved] Switched from Thumb to ARM and enabled LTO (may or may not improve performance)
  • [improved] Full verification for RomFS inside NCCH
  • [improved] Added a prompt when building CIA with a private legit ticket
  • [improved] Cart id and type is shown on gamecart drive
  • [improved] Number of explorer panes increased to 3
  • [fixed] Proper verification of CFA images (also fixes NCSD verification)
  • [fixed] Proper handling for incomplete DLC CIAs
  • [fixed] Some minor bugs in the GM9 Megascript (thanks @annson24)
  • [fixed] Countless other minor bug fixes and improvements
  • [special] Special anniversary edition splash screen
  • [scripting] textview command for viewing text files
  • [scripting] dumptxt command for dumping text to a file
  • [scripting] extrcode and cmprcode commands (to extract and compress .code, thanks @Hyarion-SS )
  • [scripting] cp -p allows appending a file to another (thanks @Hyarion-SS)
  • [scripting] filesel -x and dirsel -x enable a new file selector style (thanks @windows-server-2003)

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Official Thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
So, I followed the steps from GodMode9's github page description:
  • Rename GodMode9.firm (from the release archive) to X_GodMode9.firm (change X to the button of your choice) and put it into sd:/luma/payloads/
  • Copy the gm9 folder from the release archive to your SD card.
Now, I am having an issue booting to GodMode9 at all.

Anyone else getting the same issue?

Update:

I think there's something wrong with the latest release of GodMode9 (1.8.0), at least for my N3DS XL. I reverted back to an older version of GodMode9 and it booted just fine on me.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine boots just fine. You using b9s, or fastboot, or...? I'm on the latest b9s, with the latest Luma (compiled myself... so you may need to find a nightly somewhere to have the same version as me).

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a moment i thought Godmode9 was released for Switch but sadly not. Its just an update for the 3DS that are catching dust

Good work though. Its nice to see the 3DS still has people creating more tools and options for it
my 3ds are not catching dust. They get as much use as the switch and wiiu in my home.

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS is still not dead, yet. It only stopped getting production of games in Japan and with Persona Q2 being the last of them for the West.

I do not think any game console dies anyway, so long as there's a single person who patronizes it.

On topic

As copied from https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9:
  • Rename GodMode9.firm (from the release archive) to X_GodMode9.firm (change X to the button of your choice) and put it into sd:/luma/payloads/
  • Copy the gm9 folder from the release archive to your SD card.
thanks

Reactions: eAL

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Remind me - what is stopping us from converting DS titles to DSiWare and then importing them as CIA?
Converting them - nothing, in fact there's an obscure (python?) software to add DSi headers to a DS program

Installing them - the capacity of twlnand

Running them - most commercial DS/i software, in case it needs to load more data than just the arm7/9 binaries (which includes pretty much everything that's not a demo you're supposed to receive via download play), is only able to read from slot-1 or from its executable in twlnand - that's why there are virtualizers, like nds-bootstrap, that attempt to translate these reads to a file on SD

HCartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
For a moment i thought Godmode9 was released for Switch but sadly not. Its just an update for the 3DS that are catching dust

Good work though. Its nice to see the 3DS still has people creating more tools and options for it

Yes, not gathering dust in my case. I began to play LOZ OOT and fuck what a game...

D

Deleted User

Yes, not gathering dust in my case. I began to play LOZ OOT and fuck what a game...
It is one the best remaster the 3DS have. Hopefully you're playing on Master Quest after speed running the first play-through. It was the first game I also dumped with godmode9 lol

ParzivalWolfram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, cool. I've actually replaced the Luma FIRM on my NAND with GM9 as a sort of missing SD trap/recovery mode (as I can't do much of anything without an SD card, so either there isn't one inserted or there's an issue. Both situations need handled before boot into System Menu, so... boot into GM9!)

Ninjapuppy20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...so with this we can create CIA file for NDS games ?
After reading, still a bit confused on how that works.
I don't know if anyone replied you yet but basically if you can download some old d's games from eshop that means those were converted from .nds to .cia in order for you to buy them, any disease comes as .nds and converted to downloadable .cia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work