1. RetroDarioGaming

OP RetroDarioGaming GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    So yea i got a screen burn from GodMode9 and i cant eneter it anymore i press start and power nothing happens no light i turn the 3ds on normal no light turns on
    I have cfw and godmode9 since i got my flashcard and it always worked but since a months it shows a flickering or buggy screen and i guess thats the payments for not fixing it

2. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Don't mind the grammar corrections; I'm sure you would do the same thing for my elementary German.

Try removing and reinserting the battery. Turn on the 3DS without the SD card. What happens?

Can you provide a picture of the buggy, flickering screen?

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Oct 6, 2018
  3. RetroDarioGaming

Germany
    Hello so i know its been 2 freakin years and im sorry and the screen looks like this:[​IMG]

4. TurdPooCharger

United States
    I feel like I've seen this type of hardware fault before where the top display has lots of horizontal lines.

If you're 'lucky', this is a case of a bad or loose connection between the screen's flex cable and motherboard. This would require disassembling and reseating the display connector.

If you're 'not so lucky', your upper screen's flex cable has a crimp or bend where one or more of the traces broken. That would mean replacing the upper LCD. Very nasty repair affair.

Last but not least, if you're 'super unlucky', your n3DSXL has a dying GPU where it can no longer render images correctly. A bad GPU is not fixable. I don't know if yours is definitely a bad GPU because most of the ones I've seen have both top & bottom screens show garbled/garbage lines, artifacts in HOME Menu, or weird coloring.

Whats happens when you try to boot Recovery Mode? If the n3DSXL boots to this, does the image looks off here, too?

5. RetroDarioGaming

Germany
    i just need to leave it for some time in turned off atleast tahst what i noticed but honestly i can live with it i rarely use my 3ds anyways

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

It looks like a hardware problem, send it in to Nintendo for repairs. (Strangely enough, Nintendo has never banned anyone for sending in a hacked 3DS, but they have been known to remove the hacks, so you will need to back things up and re-hack your 3DS.)

Last edited Aug 21, 2020
  7. TurdPooCharger

United States

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Oh, this is the first time I've heard of this happening. I read online in multiple places that bans on hacked 3DS consoles sent in for repairs had never been reported.

Last edited Aug 21, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GodMode,