Hacking God Eater 2 Translation (Looking for translators!)

Rageous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next Friday? YES! We finally have some form of ETA!
Welp I guess time for me to be productive and hone my NEET and Hikki skills further. I'll be in my mom's basement, don't call me for dinner.
:yaysp::yaynds::yay3ds::yaywii::yayu::yaypsp::yayps3::yayone::gba:

Doranbolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Welp I guess time for me to be productive and hone my NEET and Hikki skills further. I'll be in my mom's basement, don't call me for dinner.
are you referring to jorji's statement? his test will be ended on the next friday, and if i'm not mistaken he wasn't talking about the game's testing anyway. is he even the member of testing team? anyway, is there any announcement from cold bird or devnoname regarding this particular? #sorry for my bad english

Shironekomaru69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how much time a patch require to be compiled? I mean, have they already created the patch and now testing it or they are still building it? Or still better what are they doing now?
Sorry for all these questions

Taking the factor that it's an overall translation, the patch may take a while for it be built. Nevertheless if they will already apply the patch on a clean iso which will also take a while. The testing part may or may not be necessary to finish the game.

Reactions: Braig

jorji109

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah about that, I think you kinda misunderstood what I wrote. I meant my test is gonna end on Friday not the game testing and plus I'm not even a member of the game testing team. But I do hope it's gonna be finished testing on Friday. Sorry to disappoint you and have a nice day.
is there any announcement from cold bird or devnoname regarding this particular? #sorry for my bad english
Sadly for now, no but let's just be patient and hope they give some kind of an announcement. Have a nice day from me as usual

Braig

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can , what do you think that message from my last two message the "The next step will be to see with the core translators if they are happy with the current translation. I don't know when this will happen, no ETA." it was from Devnoname btw
"Don't know when this will happen"? Does it mean that even could be that they are not doing anything?

m4rc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Damn people! Give time to who is behind the project!
All these posts are irritant and completely useless like the patch format question!

For sure, and logically, will be not an already patched iso and will be not and xdelta format due to techinical things (like encryption).

Last edited by m4rc0,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually there is a new EBOOT decryption utility someone made at RHDN and it will make all future PSP patches a lot smaller. A 1.5MB patch will be reduced in size to almost zero.
Then you need a program that:
1) extract EBOOT
2) decrypt EBOOT
3) apply patch
4) insert EBOOT
So yeah, not strictly xdelta.

Rageous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you referring to jorji's statement? his test will be ended on the next friday, and if i'm not mistaken he wasn't talking about the game's testing anyway. is he even the member of testing team? anyway, is there any announcement from cold bird or devnoname regarding this particular? #sorry for my bad english
Oh... okay then I guess I'll be there for dinner :mellow:

Oh well at least this thread is active, it's just disheartening to see threads that's all crickets but then again, all we ever talk about in here is when it's gonna come out or what kinda patch it's gonna be.

It'd be nice for some updates though but our testers and hackers are probably busy on their day job. Considering this is gonna be free anyway, we should all just be patient. We already waited for a really long time while talking smack about those translators who used google and long periods of hiatus. I'm pretty sure we can endure the next couple of weeks/months or so.

That was kinda long so here's a potato
Potato.png

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps relieve people, devnoname120 IS working on it or at least knows about it as there is some activity on the transifex page from him this morning.

The translation may be done, yes, but it needs reviewing, then actually be made into a patch. I'd say it's probably around 50% complete overall, and would not expect a release anytime soon. Complaining and begging for the patch helps no one. Just be patient and wait, as you're essentially getting this for free when it is done.

Reactions: Mark98T

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it helps relieve people, devnoname120 IS working on it or at least knows about it as there is some activity on the transifex page from him this morning.

The translation may be done, yes, but it needs reviewing, then actually be made into a patch. I'd say it's probably around 50% complete overall, and would not expect a release anytime soon. Complaining and begging for the patch helps no one. Just be patient and wait, as you're essentially getting this for free when it is done.

nicely said . just be patient guys

Rageous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some good news coming from PPSSPP emulator.
The new update 1.3 officially supports texture replacement in PSP games. Think of its applications... Not only you can remaster the game textures on your own, you can possibly extract images that has untranslated text in it and just edit these said textures and change the text. It would certainly very helpful when translating specific images with japanese text in it. I've tried it for a couple of minutes and I'm impressed that it really works. It's pretty easy if you already know how to edit images and stuff.

Also another note, PPSSPP doesn't really modify the textures in the game itself, it's more like putting it on top of the original and you can turn it on/off as far as I can understand all those jargon but call me out if I'm wrong on that.
I found a guide here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/legendsofmodding/topic/10000238/1/

now that you think about it, idk if this is the right thread to post about this but I just wanna let translators know if they're interested....

AeonFlux

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope one day when I wake up I will see the downloadable links of ge2 english patch... :sad:
sorry for my bad english.. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk