Glue residue on my DS screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ThaDude, May 14, 2009.

May 14, 2009

Glue residue on my DS screen by ThaDude at 9:15 PM (924 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ThaDude
    OP

Newcomer ThaDude Member

Canada
    Today I removed the screen protector off my ds lite and now the whole screen is full of glue residue. Any solution to remove it? I heard about using alcohol but I dont know if it can harm my ds.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Get a silk/cotton/other rag and wipe it off it should get it off. Unless it's really thick...

3. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    It's actually silicone, not glue. You should be able to gently rub it off using an eyeglass cloth and some rubbing alcohol. The alcohol will not harm the screen as most commercial screen cleaners are alcohol based. Just don't let it sit there for long. Rub it off and go over it with some plain water after to get rid of the haze.

Ps: Buy a Hori protector next time! No residue, no bubbles, doesn't scratch, etc.

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I accidentally got a little bit of that band-aid sticky stuff on my touchscreen once, it stuck nasty but I was able to get rid of ALL of it using a KFC wet-wipe and a micro-fiber cloth.

Those KFC wet wipes, they do the freaking trick. I use them, and then I use a regular tissue to rub it off.