GlovePIE Citra script thread, play games (and touchscreen) fully with controllers

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jamieyello, Oct 22, 2016.

1. jamieyello
    OP

jamieyello Professional Dumbass

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    This thread is a collection of my GlovePIE scripts, as time goes on I'll be adding more and more scripts and updating old ones as new features in Citra are implemented. If you have a suggestion or request for a game you would like to see, let me know. All my scripts are tested on my own 1080p screen, let me know if a script isn't working right at the resolution your screen is at. Currently I cannot test on 4k screens, and I have no idea if my scripts work on them or not.

Instructions;
    1) Download GlovePIE (I'm using version 0.45 on Windows 10) Make sure your 360 controller is on before you open GlovePIE.
    2) Copy and paste my script into GlovePIE, or open a .PIE file with it.
    3) Press run
    4) Set Citra to large screen mode (Currently only in the bleeding edge builds)
    5) Map the buttons in Citra to this;

[​IMG]

Scripts

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time -> 360 Controller (Updated 11/7/2016)

D-Pad controls "GEAR" "MAP" "ITEMS" icons
    D-Pad down - Ocarina
    C-Stick controls item selection
    Left Thumb Click to the "VIEW" icon
    360 Triggers and Shoulder Buttons are L and R

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Or Download the PIE file (open with GlovePIE)

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Kid Icarus: Uprising -> 360 Controller/Mouse (NEW 11/7/2016)

(This script is meant to be played in areas at full speed and will likely glitch out if played in laggy areas. If you want to change the script to run better in laggy areas, ctrl+f and search for "glovepie.FrameRate = 120", and lower the number until the jumpiness goes away. (Will also lower precision.) The fastest running area I've found in the game is the training area on the ground.)

Shoulder buttons - switch active power
    Left Trigger - Use active power
    Right Trigger/A - Shoot
    Right Joystick - Aim reticle
    Press P or (360) X to toggle mouse lock controls
    Press O or (360) Back button to toggle flight mode controls
    Press Escape to end script

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Or Download the PIE file (open with GlovePIE)

Attached Files:

Last edited by jamieyello, Nov 8, 2016
    JayFoxRox and cynosura like this.
  2. jamieyello
    OP

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    *Updated OoT and added KI:U script

3. sprong

sprong Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    oh wow a way to actually play kid icarus?

4. jamieyello
    OP

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    Yup, I figured it would be next to literally impossible to actually play that game on Citra without a script of some kind so I made one, it being my favorite game and all. Also OoT because I find going from controller to bending over to the mouse really annoying.

5. Kionea

Kionea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've got a somewhat unique set up with my controller. I'm using a DirectInput (wireless, can't get Xinput to work, yada yada) and mapping the buttons to keyboard keys. I'm completely unfamiliar with GlovePIE, so how how would I go about editing your script to fit my controller? Just replace all the Xinput prompts with the keyboard keys I want them to be?

As a side note, the latest bleeding edge build disabled all mapping of CPP buttons which means that could become a permanent thing soon. Dunno if that's an issue, but it seemed important to mention.

Last edited by Kionea, Feb 24, 2017
  6. jamieyello
    OP

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    Go ahead and bump all you want, I'm waiting for Citra to add a few features before I bring back this topic, so it's only dead for now. I'm actually waiting until I can map to X and Y touch screen coordinates. Actually, I kind of just want to be able to run scripts in Citra. I'll make my own build that does that some day.

So, you might be able to get it to work just in glovepie by itself. Go to the GUI tab - Detect Output to Emulate, mash the button you want and see if it detects it. Yeah, you'd have to rename a lot of things, but as long as you map them right it should work the same.

7. Kionea

Kionea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    Cool. I'll try it out.