Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
I really cant believe there are still people posting that are having problems getting this to load! This thread is now 6 pages long and people are still asking questions that have been answered within the 1st couple of pages!!
hate2.gif

Trying to use USB Loader GX do this:

cios rev13 aka 13a (if you have 13b, just reinstall 13)
USB Loader GX 501 (or whatever is available now)
Settings in usbloader gx for the game: 002 fix: on

Job done, works fine this way on my PAL 4.0E Wii with ios rev13(a)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rustybanana said:
I really cant believe there are still people posting that are having problems getting this to load! This thread is now 6 pages long and people are still asking questions that have been answered within the 1st couple of pages!!
hate2.gif

Oh i just realized that i assumed the whole time to be in a different thread. Isn't there a Ghostbusters thread that tells directly in the 1st post to use a proper loader + cIOSrev13a?

ph00p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
rustybanana said:
hate2.gif

Oh i just realized that i assumed the whole time to be in a different thread. Isn't there a Ghostbusters thread that tells directly in the 1st post to use a proper loader + cIOSrev13a?

It doesn't always work god damnit and you 2 are trolling now in a help post!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, but rev13a + loader is the solution that is really supposed to work. And cioscorp can't be used by everybody, and even more people don't want to use it. You have just to find out which loader to use.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got 2 wii's and installed 4.0 wankiko's and was using backup loaders and then installed CIOSCORP Installer on both of them and one plays ghost busters no problem but the other one freezes at the remote screen any ideas the only difference between consoles is that the one that freezes has usb loader and gamecube loaders installed any ideas what could be stopping the game from loading????

ph00p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Sorry, but rev13a + loader is the solution that is really supposed to work. And cioscorp can't be used by everybody, and even more people don't want to use it. You have just to find out which loader to use.

UH not everyone has a USB drive. To be more constructive than you've been; I've actually tried ALL the loaders Neogamma, softchip 99 and NONE of them WORK 100% of the time on this! I have 13a installed AND cioscorp.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Either way, try installing NeoGamm and cIOS rev13a. It offers USB supprt and worked for me on IJ, Ghostbusters and My Sims Racing. Yeah, it annoys the ass out of me that I can't play through my loader of choice but hey, beggars can't be choosers

ph00p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Either way, try installing NeoGamm and cIOS rev13a. It offers USB supprt and worked for me on IJ, Ghostbusters and My Sims Racing. Yeah, it annoys the ass out of me that I can't play through my loader of choice but hey, beggars can't be choosers

I've done that also, as you could read in my post above! I've also tried the friggin preloader, and it STILL locks up at the strap screen.

sbygel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its any use, I got it running on pal 4.0 with wiikey (the original) firmware 1,9s - I had to use WiiBrickBlocker to get rid of the ntsc update tho.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ph00p said:
WiiPower said:

UH not everyone has a USB drive. To be more constructive than you've been; I've actually tried ALL the loaders Neogamma, softchip 99 and NONE of them WORK 100% of the time on this! I have 13a installed AND cioscorp.

Well for discs you don't have too much options:
- NeoGamma + cIOSrev7
- NeoGamma + cIOSrev13a
- SoftChip(remove 002 off, Fake IOS on) + cIOSrev7
- SoftChip(remove 002 off, Fake IOS on) + cIOSrev13a
- cioscorp* + disc channel
- cioscrop* + Gecko OS 1.9
- cioscorp* + Gecko OS with new 002 fix

Or did i oversee an option?

*Only cioscorp v1, v2 might not work for these games

Edit: Added cIOS versions

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ph00p said:
bazamuffin said:

I've done that also, as you could read in my post above! I've also tried the friggin preloader, and it STILL locks up at the strap screen.

You edited your post, while I was typing mine. I realised this after posing, but couldnt be arsed editing mine. I had the freezing at strap screen with disc channel but NeoGamma rev4 worked, had to tinker with settings though

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
hyp3rlink said:
works with rev13a and SDUSBloader; same as Indy actually.

I created a menu channel but get a 002 error from that, only works when launched from the loader.

Menu channel? If you have the source of it, you only need to add the 002fix to it, it's one line. Show the the part of the source where the game is actually started, and i tell you where and how to add the 002fix.

Which source are we talking about here? I mean I do have the game iso and the wad file for the channel.

thanks

ph00p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
ph00p said:
bazamuffin said:

You edited your post, while I was typing mine. I realised this after posing, but couldnt be arsed editing mine. I had the freezing at strap screen with disc channel but NeoGamma rev4 worked, had to tinker with settings though

which settings please?

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the unscrubbed and unaltered image of this game include update files?

If so, could someone please list the file names?

I have a theory that the game doesn't load the first time every time because it's missing important update files (just like MadWorld required installing update files to get the game working).

The theory at least would make sense of why some people can get the game to launch using cIOS rev13 and NeoGamma R3 or R4 RC2 with default settings while others can't.

Again, it's just a theory, but I'd at least like to rule it out.

After all, I've:
  • Installed cIOS 38 rev 13 (a.k.a. rev13a)
  • Tried launching Ghostbusters with NeoGamma versions R3, R4 RC1, and R4 RC3 with various settings (including defaults)
  • Tried launching Ghostbusters with SoftChip r99 with various settings (including defaults)
  • Formatted my SD card and copied only the NeoGamma and SoftChip applications over
  • Ran 10 consecutive tests trying to launch the game using NeoGamma R3 and default settings, thinking the game may progress past the Wii Remote safety screen at random (All 10 tests failed)
At this point, I'm less concerned with playing Ghostbusters and more concerned with being prepared for future 002b-protected games. That, and it really bothers me to leave a puzzle or problem unsolved.

EDIT: Here's the type of list I'm looking for, but that one's for Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings.

bhast2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update wad list in game

ios11-64-v10.wad
ios12-64-v6.wad
ios13-64-v10.wad
ios14-64-v257.wad
ios15-64-v257.wad
ios17-64-v512.wad
ios20-64-v12.wad
ios21-64-v512.wad
ios22-64-v772.wad
ios28-64-v1288.wad
ios30-64-v1040.wad
ios31-64-v1040.wad
ios33-64-v1040.wad
ios34-64-v1039.wad
ios35-64-v1040.wad
ios36-64-v1042.wad
ios37-64-v2070.wad
ios38-64-v3690.wad
ios53-64-v4113.wad
ios55-64-v4633.wad
RVL-bc-v2.wad
RVL-Eulav_US-v2.wad
RVL-Forecast_US-v7.wad
RVL-mios-v5.wad
RVL-News-v3.wad
RVL-News_US-v7.wad
RVL-NigaoeNR-v4.wad
RVL-photo2-v1.wad
RVL-Rgnsel_US-v2.wad
RVL-Shopping-v7.wad
RVL-Weather-v3.wad
RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v257.wad

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May not be the right place to ask this but - I have many Menu Channel games that worked just fine up until I installed CIOS 13(A), but now either freeze before loading or give the 002 error. I had CIOS 9 and all was well, but I wanted Ghost Busters to work, so I installed CIOS 13 and now that works fine in USB Loader GX, but it seems to have broken many of the newer game channels I created like Tiger Woods 10, Excite Bots, Grand Slam Tennis, Punch Out, etc. So its either don't play Ghost Busters at all, or play all games but only from the USB Loader GX / GUI FX. I kind of like my menu game channels, so hopefully there is a way to incorporate the 002 fix into them. I assume this is a CIOS 13 issue that can be resolved since all of these channels save for Ghostbusters worked fine in CIOS 9 (with no 002 fix or anything).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had the problem I have where it freezes after selecting "Single Player" when clicking on the Ectomobile?

tsarrack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone that's gotten the game to load, does it work for you every single time or is it a trial and error thing like some of us have? Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to get it to work at all, just boggled that it won't load every time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?