1. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

ok heres what I found works for me and every time so far and this is loading from disk not usb!

using he image (wiizard rlse) (scrubbed it myself before burn)

using rev 13 (IOS 249)

using system 4.0E

using NEO GAMMA R4 RC4 from homebrew channel

Everything set as normal apart from

VIDTV set to YES

and

PATCH COUNTRY STR to YES

did originally have the patch video set to normal but found it wasnt needed [​IMG]

just need it now as an installed channel instead of having mem card in all the time [​IMG]

2. alpo845

alpo845 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah that config didnt work for me at all. I still get stuck at te safety screen [​IMG]

3. w_n_s

w_n_s Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Just got this working as well with the above! [​IMG]

4. alpo845

alpo845 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    damnit why wont this work for me. I've tried everything to run it off a disc

5. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

do you have regular problems with disks !?

you may have bad/poor media ... you maybe burning too fast for your media regardless of what its rated at (it happens!) try burn a bit slower [​IMG]

I use Ritek g05 dye based media always burn 2.4x or top speed of 4x max using IMGBURN (note this MY PREFERNCE others use different) tip is to find a good media and a good burn speed that works flawless and try stick with them! [​IMG]

6. ph00p

ph00p Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Those settings didn't work, I've got everything the same as your setup [​IMG] and I'm using the media I've been using to burn ALL the other wii games I've ever burnt [​IMG] ah well.

7. kohr

kohr Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Thank you so much!

For anyone with a Wii Key 2, having difficulty loading this game, use the unofficial Gecko OS 1.7b with 002 fix.

8. kohr

kohr Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    sorry, double posted by mistake, can't figure out how to delete post.

9. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

do other tricky to load games work like MYSIMS RACING and TIGERWOODS 2010 and MADWORLD!? (I have these working fine) (MADWORLD needed IOS wads # 38 53 55 installed as far as I can remember do you have these installed?

10. ph00p

ph00p Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I only have Mad World out of all of those and Madworld never gave me issues anytime, so the answer is yes, it loads. I've installed a ton of IOS wads the other day, I'm pretty sure I have those you've listed, which one is required for Ghostbusters?

11. Patch62

Patch62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I got it to work finally every time (dvd). I have Neo Gamma R3 , cios rev 13 on ios249

Neo gamma Options
    Patch Country Str: Yes

Config Options
    Boot lang: Auto Force
    Force Video: Wii
    Patch Video: All
    VidTv patch: Yes

Hook type: Wii pad
    Ocarina on: No

This is for dvd users , this works every time for me , except when i plug in a usb drive it just hangs at the safety screen. Try it out tell me if it worked for you.
    Also i did brickblock the game, but i don't think that matters anyway.

12. alpo845

alpo845 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I did all of this, and it still hangs on the safety screen. it gets there, and my wiimote turns off. any ideas?

13. zidane_genome

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Wii NTSC-4.0 (Waninkoko style)
    USBLoader GX rev 501
    cIOS Rev13a
    USBHardDrive

Ghostbusters runs perfectly... until the Grey Lady in the Library... after the second scan attempt, she run's into a door that won't open... my PKE Meter tells me that she went into that door, but cant seem to find a way to open it... and the rest of the team stopped their chatter on the radio's, so no help there...

14. sekhu

sekhu moo?

works here too - no problem launching it from the usb loader, not tried disc

15. Douglasmcc23

Douglasmcc23 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, I can confirm this - kinda. I am using the IOS 249 Rev. 13a and tried dozens of time to load my burned disc to no avail with Neo Gamma 4RC4. I followed the instructions above and the game started! I played for about 30 minutes and quite the game using the home button back to the main screen. Tried to relaunch the game the same way as before and it locked up at the white safety screen like before. I restarted the machine and relaunched Neo Gamma and the game started again. So, either A.) the method is still buggy or B.) the machine has to be powered down after a successful launch of GB before attempting to log back into the game. Either way, thanks Patch62. I just wanted to see how the game turned out on Wii. Still plan to play through it the first time on the X360 version I have pre-purchased. Good luck and hopefully this info will help someone.

16. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Ok an update something that's been tested to try from the NEOGAMMA THREAD myself and another user have noted it locks up at the Safety screen with the pic of the Wiimote if you do not have the Nunchuck connected before you try launching the game!.... As it will FREEZE at that screen!

Its a longshot but worth a try that if your finding that the Wiimote seems to un sync when you get to that screen!

17. ph00p

ph00p Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Same here! [​IMG] looks like its time to go shopping for a USB hd [​IMG] .

18. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

see my post above yours ph00p!... and try that [​IMG]

19. Stitch

Stitch GBAtemp Regular

nunchuck or no nunchuck, doesn't matter. it always freezes at the safety screen.

baaawww i wanna play this but there's not enough space on my usb stick [​IMG]

20. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

have you checked you have the same settings as everyone else such as

Rev 13 not 13b

ios 249

gamma r4 rc4

system menu 4.0E

etc

Can you get other games such as MYSIMS racing and TIGERWOODS 2010 to load fine ?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ghostbusters, Screen, Video