Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I, for one, can't wait for the new ghostbusters game. But when it comes to multi-platform games the developers have to compromise some things in order to run the game on all systems. It turns out that if ghostbusters was a PS3 exclusive we would be getting a much richer experience.
QUOTE said:
Speaking to videogaming247 at the Sierra Spring Break 08 in Mallorca last week, Terminal Reality president Mark Randel admitted that Ghostbusters on PS3 has been held back by the fact will also release on 360, saying that the game would have double the amount of objects on screen if it had been PS3-only.

See below.

VG247: Why choose to lead on the PS3?

Mark Randell : Very simple reason: Ghostbusters is the property of Sony Pictures.

VG247: Right. But the game will be coming out on the 360, it’s a simultaneous release. Did Sony insist it was lead?

MR : Personally, I want to show off our PS3 technology. We’re one of the few developers who love the PS3 and have a great time with it. We have great technology for the PS3 and we want to show it off.

VG247: Isn’t it the same for the 360?

MR: We’re running the same game for both platforms but if we made a PS3-only game, for example, you could double the amount of objects on screen that you’re seeing. The PlayStation 3 has seven processors and the 360 only has three, so seven versus three means you can do a lot more on the PS3. We’re keeping the game the same over both platforms so we don’t want to take out any features.

VG247: So is the game scaled down because of the limitations of the 360?

MR : For example, we’ve reserved one whole processor on the PS3 for Dolby Digital 5.1 sound whereas on the 360 you have part of one processor to do that. So we can have a lot better sound mixing and a lot more effects going on at the same time. That kinds of makes us do a little bit less in the game [360] but makes for better audio. If we’re doing a PS3 only game however, we could be doing a lot more. We could be pushing a lot more on the screen.

Ghostbusters is out this coming October for PS3, 360, Wii, PS2 and DS.

I'll still get the 360 version most likely though since I can just "borrow" it from the internet.
Wish it was coming out sooner.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was so thrilled by the fact a possibly non-suck GB game would come out, but then going along those lines of arrogance up there they decided to make the Wii into some piece of shit shovelware title from the sound of it (and I'd say fairly well backed up by NO imagery showing up really or info.) It's off my radar out of protest.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, but unlike the PS3 and 360, you can pretend your Wii-Remote is a Proton Pak Wand, and actually bust ghosts!

Wii FTW!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen and heard of the Wii version it sounds & looks fun, its headed down a different more, cartoony direction and I'm please for it. Sure it sucks for people who'll only ever have one console but for those Wii60 owners it means two Ghostbuster games instead of one.

Also its not shovelware, people need to stop using that term for games that might not be what they want. The game has been given to a different developer who has worked with the Wii before and they have been working on the Wii version before the game was announced. They're putting a lot into the Wii version which itself proves its not shovelware.

Sure if I could only have one version than it would be the 360/PS3/PC one but there isn't just one so I'm grateful.

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
From what I've seen and heard of the Wii version it sounds & looks fun, its headed down a different more, cartoony direction and I'm please for it. Sure it sucks for people who'll only ever have one console but for those Wii60 owners it means two Ghostbuster games instead of one.

Also its not shovelware, people need to stop using that term for games that might not be what they want. The game has been given to a different developer who has worked with the Wii before and they have been working on the Wii version before the game was announced. They're putting a lot into the Wii version which itself proves its not shovelware.

Sure if I could only have one version than it would be the 360/PS3/PC one but there isn't just one so I'm grateful.

I agree I'm going to get both the wii and 360 version. The motion controls and cartoony feel are actually appealing to me. Hooray for wii60 owners or even PSwii60 owners hehe.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WTF are you talking about? The Wii version being more cartoony?? What drugs are you on??

It's going to be the EXACT same game across all 3 platforms... Same graphics, same story line, same everything except controls.

Where ever you heard the Wii version will be different, you might wanna stop talking to the little green men on your shoulder... it would stop these retarded rumors!

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
WTF are you talking about? The Wii version being more cartoony?? What drugs are you on??

It's going to be the EXACT same game across all 3 platforms... Same graphics, same story line, same everything except controls.

Where ever you heard the Wii version will be different, you might wanna stop talking to the little green men on your shoulder... it would stop these retarded rumors!

Here ya go

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Tron+Knot...nfo-55252.phtml

Wii and PS2 versions will be cartoon like as you can see.

edit: should probably do some research before calling true things "retarded rumors."

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/28/joystiq-...rs-360-ps3-wii/

A post from THIS YEAR... April 28th, 2008, showing the PS3/360/Wii version will be the same.

Aposed to your article that was posted November 21, 2007...

The Wii version will be the same as the 360/PS3 version.

There isn't a single Wii screenshot there. On top of that it says nothing about the versions being the same.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:

A post from THIS YEAR... April 28th, 2008, showing the PS3/360/Wii version will be the same.

Look its not the same game! They only share the same story and that's it! There is no way the Wii can do all the shit that the 360/PS3 versions can do.

I read the info from the link provided...where does it say it'll be the same? It doesn't. The link Bob Loblaw gave is all true, accept it you're wrong.

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
http://www.joystiq.com/photos/ghostbusters...ps3-wii/775597/

Since you couldn't see the SCREENSHOTS link a few inches below the title (Screenshots are from Wii/360/PS3 versions)

No cartoony looks... just the awesomeness of Ghostbusters!

Yeah me and Hadrian saw it and we are telling you the Wii can't produce those graphics. Those screenshots are not from the Wii version.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition can't produce the graphics it did? Looks like the same graphics...

Why would the put WII in the title of the screenshots if they were not from a Wii build?

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:

No the Wii version is even being made by a seperate company Red Fly Studios while the Xbox 360/PS3 is being made by the makers of Bloodrayne. I am so glad I have a Wii lmao

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from busting ghosts...no. The Wii/PS2 ver reminds me more of 'The Real Ghostbusters' while the HD guys get the full game looking more real.

It's true the Wii has real proton pack action with the aiming, but until I see a final product with reviews it's still off my list due to the lowballing ps2 port bs being done.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Ok, so Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition can't produce the graphics it did? Looks like the same graphics...

Why would the put WII in the title of the screenshots if they were not from a Wii build?

Looks the same? WTF? Have you seen the detail and the mass of things (all of which have their own pattern) in the screens?
ghostbusters-the-video-game-20080424012305309_640w.jpg

ghostbusters-the-video-game-20071204024102587_640w.jpg

In the last screen all the books and bits of paper and card all move with their own AI.

Plus the 360/PS3/PC version have AI that is miles ahead than RE4. There is also this part where Stay Puft is running through a crowd of hundreds of individual people, who all have their own AI and move differently. Their movements are never the same each time you play.

So you have hundreds of people each with their own different AI.
A great big fucking stay puft dude reacting to scenery, people and the Ghostbusters.
Plus your own playing who has to work with 3 other Ghostbusters who each have their own AI too.
As well as that there is this huge city, with a very long draw distance as well & the scenery is destructible too.

Don't think the Wii could do that to be honest, maybe in the future someone could work out how to do it than cool but now nope, sorry not possible.

The Wii in the 360/PS3/Wii bit is just there as its out on the Wii, that is all! The same site did the same with LEGO Indiana Jone, Wii/PS2/PS3/360/PC/PSP/DS...so the DS version is the same right? No.

So you could either take that information and accept it or you can delude yourself and be in for one major disappointment when you see a different game on the Wii. Up to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-