Gaming getting the OFFICAL UMD of peacewalker to work?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm guessing only way you're going to get it working is go to 6.20 OFW, it was pretty stupid to assume that it would work from the UMD on CFW considering it requires 6.20, it probably includes an update aswell.

CloudHiro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luke_c said:
I'm guessing only way you're going to get it working is go to 6.20 OFW, it was pretty stupid to assume that it would work from the UMD on CFW considering it requires 6.20, it probably includes an update aswell.

usualy when UMDs require higher versions than mine, what works (which worked for other games like Dissidia), I access flash 0 and change the 'version' file so it reads the latest offical firmware update. In this case, change it to 6.20 (I dont know if I did it right though).

There is always ways to get around 'needing' the offical firmware WITHOUT resorting to ISOs or switching between normal and custom firmware. so it isnt stupid. I'll wait for the fix.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
CloudHiro said:
luke_c said:

usualy when UMDs require higher versions than mine, what works (which worked for other games like Dissidia), I access flash 0 and change the 'version' file so it reads the latest offical firmware update. In this case, change it to 6.20 (I dont know if I did it right though).

There is always ways to get around 'needing' the offical firmware WITHOUT resorting to ISOs or switching between normal and custom firmware. so it isnt stupid. I'll wait for the fix.
Has this been achieved on any 6.20 game as i'm pretty sure 6.20 requires more than just a simple version change to get working

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
The UMD includes the update on disc. The update folder was removed from the versions that are on the Internet. I highly doubt that changing a text file is going to work with the newest games now. Just rip the damn thing and patch it up.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you can try this SUPER good plugin for 5.00 m33-6, ONLY

m33_620 plugin from Torky released
m33_620 plugin from Torky released

DON'T a post the Download link to the plugin

QUOTE said:
A release of this plugin on other sites as pspking.de and is pspsource.de
PROHIBITED. If a copy of this plugin will appear on other sites, no update will be followed by more and there is still a lot of features planned for future versions.

CFW can skip the FW version check

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
IIRC... Peacewalker and some other newer games (birth by sleep I think) don't check the version, they actually use new features in the new firmware version, so it will not work on older firmwares that don't have the features of a newer one... so the plugin adds the feature(s) the game needs.

melvox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryupower said:
you can try this SUPER good plugin for 5.00 m33-6, ONLY
Has anyone testid this yet? I'd seriously want to use it....They say on PSP hacks that this is a modified or rather updated version of pegasus.prx. Auto-decryption for 5.50, 6.00, 6.10, and 6.20 games?...I'd test it myself but I'm at work and pretending to be on something important
happy.gif

EDIT:
OMG! The plugin works!!! Tested it on a clean ISO. Copied the plugin onto seplugins folder, enabled it through Recovery menu and ran the ISO. To make sure of it, I restarded the PSP, disabled the plugin, and started the clean ISO...It couldn't be started!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1