Gaming Getting Final Fantasy VII to work on the PSP.

Tortimer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know this has probably been asked a hundred times yet here I am, asking about it. Tis' a small world or something.

Anyways, I've gotten my hands on all three of Final Fantasy VII cd-iso's and I've downloaded and installed "15852_RSGUIPopStationMDv3_00" and done all the necessary modifications around it to get it to work properly (Haven't tested it but I did everything Legions guide said you had to do).

And now I've hit a wall. So here are my questions, I've tried to organise them as good as possible (1.a is a question depending on1.).

1. FFVII consists of 3 CD's, am I supposed to make an eboot for all three of them or combine them into one eboot?

1.a If I'm supposed to make just one eboot with all three cd's in it what title and gamecode should I use? Does it matter in any way what the gamecode is? I know it matters when you have multiple discs because otherwise it won't recognise your save)

2. Whitch popsversion should I use for FF7?

Thanks in advance
Tortimer

Cresh07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually just got this set up on my roomate's psp, so what a good time to ask.

1, Yes, you should put all 3 disks on 1 eboot.

1a, SCUS94163 It's the code for the first disk (actually the one i put was the NTSC, if your using pal, it's just the code for FFVI Disk 1of3 (Pal)

2. I want to say 3.71 off the top of my head, but let me look (Here's what i found)

Compatibility List
QUOTE said:
3.71: The Music tempo is slightly too quick but other than that it works great didn't crash or glitch at all. -anthall1991

Right after you beat Demon Gate, you wake up in Gonagaga, Go down to the south of Gonagaga, BUT there will be no Tiny Bronco there.

The game freezes at certain points in Cosmo Canyon. Switch to a different version of Pops to get past this issue.

Jar in which Yuffie hides in during the Wutai sidequest doesn't shake. Switch to a different version of Pops to get past this issue.

Disc 2 - Game freezes halfway in the cut scene in the Forgoten Capital after the Key Of Ancient is placed and the party is trying to view something from the water. - Kevin([email protected])

I didn't notice the music (yet i never tested further then the start screen), I hope that's of some help to you

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cresh07 said:
I actually just got this set up on my roomate's psp, so what a good time to ask.

1, Yes, you should put all 3 disks on 1 eboot.

1a, SCUS94163 It's the code for the first disk (actually the one i put was the NTSC, if your using pal, it's just the code for FFVI Disk 1of3 (Pal)

2. I want to say 3.7 off the top of my head, but let me look (i'll edit once i find it)

3.71 m33-4 is perfect for the Final Fantasy games (and pretty much all PSX games I've played on my PSP).

Tortimer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
3.71 m33-4 is perfect for the Final Fantasy games (and pretty much all PSX games I've played on my PSP).

1. 3.71 in general or the m33-4 release specifically?

2. How can I find out whether a game is PAL or NTSC?

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Tortimer said:
1. FFVII consists of 3 CD's, am I supposed to make an eboot for all three of them or combine them into one eboot?

1.a If I'm supposed to make just one eboot with all three cd's in it what title and gamecode should I use? Does it matter in any way what the gamecode is? I know it matters when you have multiple discs because otherwise it won't recognise your save)

2. Whitch popsversion should I use for FF7?

Thanks in advance
Tortimer
First of all, I recommend using IceTea to build your EBOOT, it is what I have been using and never had problem with.

1. You can either do one eboot with all three cd or one eboot for each, I recommend the later to save MS space. The only different is that you are able to switch between the discs in POPS menu if you have all in one, or you're required to boot the eboot of the correct discs when needed(FF7(and most games) allow you to save at the end of disc).

1.a. Just use the default FF7 gamecode.

2. if you have M33 4.01 installed, popsloader is not needed, otherwise, use 3.71.

P.S.: use the highes compression level (9), it makes the file smaller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1