Getting Final Fantasy VII to work on the PSP.

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Tortimer, Aug 28, 2008.

Aug 28, 2008
  1. Tortimer
    OP

Newcomer Tortimer Advanced Member

Sweden
    I know this has probably been asked a hundred times yet here I am, asking about it. Tis' a small world or something.

Anyways, I've gotten my hands on all three of Final Fantasy VII cd-iso's and I've downloaded and installed "15852_RSGUIPopStationMDv3_00" and done all the necessary modifications around it to get it to work properly (Haven't tested it but I did everything Legions guide said you had to do).

And now I've hit a wall. So here are my questions, I've tried to organise them as good as possible (1.a is a question depending on1.).

1. FFVII consists of 3 CD's, am I supposed to make an eboot for all three of them or combine them into one eboot?

1.a If I'm supposed to make just one eboot with all three cd's in it what title and gamecode should I use? Does it matter in any way what the gamecode is? I know it matters when you have multiple discs because otherwise it won't recognise your save)

2. Whitch popsversion should I use for FF7?

Thanks in advance
    Tortimer

2. Cresh07

Newcomer Cresh07 Advanced Member

United States
    I actually just got this set up on my roomate's psp, so what a good time to ask.

1, Yes, you should put all 3 disks on 1 eboot.

1a, SCUS94163 It's the code for the first disk (actually the one i put was the NTSC, if your using pal, it's just the code for FFVI Disk 1of3 (Pal)

2. I want to say 3.71 off the top of my head, but let me look (Here's what i found)

Compatibility List
    I didn't notice the music (yet i never tested further then the start screen), I hope that's of some help to you

3. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    3.71 m33-4 is perfect for the Final Fantasy games (and pretty much all PSX games I've played on my PSP).

4. Tortimer
    OP

Sweden
    1. 3.71 in general or the m33-4 release specifically?

2. How can I find out whether a game is PAL or NTSC?

5. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

just look at your original CD's before you rip them..

6. Tortimer
    OP

Sweden
    What compression level should I use, and does it matter?

7. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

First of all, I recommend using IceTea to build your EBOOT, it is what I have been using and never had problem with.

1. You can either do one eboot with all three cd or one eboot for each, I recommend the later to save MS space. The only different is that you are able to switch between the discs in POPS menu if you have all in one, or you're required to boot the eboot of the correct discs when needed(FF7(and most games) allow you to save at the end of disc).

1.a. Just use the default FF7 gamecode.

2. if you have M33 4.01 installed, popsloader is not needed, otherwise, use 3.71.

P.S.: use the highes compression level (9), it makes the file smaller.