getting blackscreen in xenoblade chronicles?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TS26, Aug 6, 2015.

1. TS26
    OP

TS26 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    United States
    Hi.

I tried to launch xenoblade but it wouldnt start. I am on a 9.0 n3ds and launched it using sky3ds and using ninjahax 2 to skip the update on the game but everytime i start the game from regionfour in ninjahax it just doesnt launch. a black screen comes up and it stays that way.

Am i missing something? or is it a bad rom?

2. Bubbysaur

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    What region 3DS do you have? Why are you using region4 when you could just download your 3ds's region version of the game?

3. TS26
    OP

TS26 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    United States
    It's the same as the game but whenever i try to launch it from the menu it says it will update the system. I am using regionfour because to my understanding, it skips this force update.

4. Bubbysaur

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    Why don't you want the game to update? The game's update won't hinder your ability your ability for CFW/Hacks.

Either way, it sounds like it could potentially be a bad rom. Try to boot the game regularly, just booting into the game and manually avoiding the update if you prefer and see what happens.

5. TS26
    OP

TS26 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    United States

won't it force the update if i run it?

6. Bubbysaur

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    No, it'll just annoy you and tell you that the update exists and ask you if you want to run it. You can just chose the option to run the game without updating it. I believe on the screen pressing Y initiates the update while pressing A just loads the game. Just pay attention when you boot the game up.

7. goober

goober GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    IIRC the update he's talking about isn't a software update it's the system firmware updated. Xenoblade requires 9.4 so he definitely does NOT want to update if that's the case.

8. Bubbysaur

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    Ohhhhh. Oh hell no. DO NOT UPDATE.

Try to download the rom again. Although if the game requires a higher firmware, you may have to spoof your systems firmware to meet the requirement. If that is possible... ._.

9. grubgrub

grubgrub GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2015
    New Zealand
    I got the CIA of the game to run on my N3ds 9.0 using pasta firmlaunch.

I couldnt get my cartridge to boot without the black screen, even using firmlaunch.

I read somewhere that the game requires the 9.4 to boot, thats why firmlaunch is able to run it.

10. TS26
    OP

TS26 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    United States
    yeah sorry thats what i meant. it wants to update to 9.4 i think

11. goober

goober GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    Since you're on 9.0 there are other ways to play it without the need to update. I'd look into them, most solutions should be on GBAtemp. Sky3DS is basically pointless on a N3ds system that is 9.2 or lower. You have much better options and flexibility besides it.

12. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Get ReiNand CFW, then you can have an emuNAND updated to the latest firmware without updating your real system.

13. TS26
    OP

TS26 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    United States
    thx for all the replies. Gonna try to run emunand with reinand.

Quantumcat likes this.