Hacking Getting a Backup Loader to work with my new hard drive

Fleeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I have been using a 8gb flash drive to play my wii games but i was always running out of space so i bought a 1.5 TB Seagate drive and i was trying to get my games to run on it but i have been having some problems. First i tried to format it to wbfs i usually use an old version of one of waninkoko original loaders to format my old drive it worked for me and i could never get WBFS Manager 3.0 to do it. So i tried that first it recognized the drive but it gave me an error when i tired to format one of the partitions. So then i tired to get it to work as a just a fat drive i used the Wii Backup Manager for windows to get the a game on it and that went find so when i tried it with Usb Loader GX it said that it could not find ever a fat or wbfs drive, I had just updated to the latest version of the loader so i don't think that was the problem. Then i tired the Configurable USB Loader its said it couldn't find any drive and when i tried to select a drive with "A" it wouldn't do anything. Ok so then i used Wii Backup Manager for windows to format my drive to wbfs which worked and i was able to load a game and play for a bit but the only problem is now the whole drive is wbfs and i was hoping to use some of the drive for stuuf other then wii games. So if someone could explain how to either partition the drive correctly or explain how to get it to work in fat format.

Thanks

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I am not using a FAT32 drive, I parition it this way:

First Partition 10GB for the Wii Apps to load from, format it to FAT32.

Next I create the remaining space as another Primary Partition, assign a drive letter, but do not format it.

Next make certain all Explorer windows are closed so they don't lock the drive, then open WBFS Manager 3.0 and select the drive and format it. If it doesn't work the first time, try again, then try closing re-opening WBFS 3 and format again. It always works for me eventually. If it won't format its always because some windows app has it locked.

Now open your favorite game manager and load 1 or 2 games onto the WBFS partition.

Finally copy the /apps folders and other folders needed by your chosen loader to the FAT32 partition.

For me I always install PriiLoader and then install the appropriate loader.dol file so the Wii boots directly to the loader.

Good Luck,

Jason

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem and banged my head or a couple days cause WBFS manager and USB Loader saw the ISO in the menus. Even though WBFS manager sees the whole 1.5TB you can only use 1TB of it. USB loader will see everything that you have put on there but when you try to load any iso you will get a black screen or going back to the WII menu. I'm not sure if USB loader will see 2 WBFS parition. I believe this is a bug with USB Loader GX.

Fleeman said:
Ok I have been using a 8gb flash drive to play my wii games but i was always running out of space so i bought a 1.5 TB Seagate drive and i was trying to get my games to run on it but i have been having some problems. First i tried to format it to wbfs i usually use an old version of one of waninkoko original loaders to format my old drive it worked for me and i could never get WBFS Manager 3.0 to do it. So i tried that first it recognized the drive but it gave me an error when i tired to format one of the partitions. So then i tired to get it to work as a just a fat drive i used the Wii Backup Manager for windows to get the a game on it and that went find so when i tried it with Usb Loader GX it said that it could not find ever a fat or wbfs drive, I had just updated to the latest version of the loader so i don't think that was the problem. Then i tired the Configurable USB Loader its said it couldn't find any drive and when i tried to select a drive with "A" it wouldn't do anything. Ok so then i used Wii Backup Manager for windows to format my drive to wbfs which worked and i was able to load a game and play for a bit but the only problem is now the whole drive is wbfs and i was hoping to use some of the drive for stuuf other then wii games. So if someone could explain how to either partition the drive correctly or explain how to get it to work in fat format.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.