Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking of getting a 16 GB stick so I can (of course) fit more and not have to delete things. Suggestions? Also I have an 8GB, any adapter that would take both the 16 & 8, for a total of about 24 GB?

Model is a 3000 if it matters . . .

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Please post more than one letter posts, please. PLEASE.

And obviously the answer is, "whichever one can sell you a real one cheapest." They're all legit sites.

If you're just trying to get us to do the research for you that's just lazy. >_>

EDIT: you fixed it. thank you lol.

EDIT: DO NOT use adapters. those damned things fuck up and are unreliable, since they don't have proper MagicGate support (needed, all fake memory cards lack this coding and it leads to data corruption and errors constantly).

Get a LEGIT memory stick. Make sure it is REAL. Otherwise you'll have the same issue.

Try Micro Center. they offer the BEST prices the last time I checked, you can order form their website. Although I believe the walk in price is cheaper... look for the Lexar 8 GB. It's the cheapest.

Also, make sure they are fast reading sticks (MARK 2 or higher) otherwise load times will be ATROCIOUS, being such a high capacity card. I got an 8 GB memory stick without MARK 2 and it took THREE TIMES AS LONGER than a MARK 2.

G

geenlung

I'm using a Lexar 16gb at the moment. It's worked fine with my lite cfw since I got it in December.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I see your CLEVAR bolds and underlines, I do. I read it already.

If you want bigger capacity buy a 16 GB or a 32 GB. mAll I am saying is buy REAL sticks and DO NOT get an adapter of any sort (Micro SD, etc). or you WILL have issues.

As a supplementary note, you used to have to buy official Sony sticks for Magic Memory Sticks making Pandora Batteries and such, but nowadays with Hellcat's Recovery Tool you can downgrade and upgrade without Pandora; if you're NOT planning on using it for a Magic Memory Stick the brand does not really matter. Although I recommend a Sony or Lexar I have has the best experiences with those.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I use a MicroSD adapter with no issues. No MagicGate and it has yet to have a problem.

Then good sir, you are the FIRST in my 6 years of PSP hacking and usage. No shitting you. You're lucky -- make sure to maintain your shit properly because down the road you might have trouble. Everybody I told to not do it went against my word and months later they'll have issues.

It's not THAT much cheaper to get the actual memory stick anyways. If you're making the investment OP you might as well do it right if you have the option.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I also use two 4GB Sandisk MicroSD cards from the exact same seller, so they're guaranteed to be identical. That might be a factor in how well they function together.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont like sticks that large, sure they allow you to store a lot of media but its not like you will use it often enough that it will matter, even with games, maybe one or 2 games at a time being a puzzle/RPG combo kind of deal but why spend the money on a good card. get a goood 4g and go with that

Lemski07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I use an adapter with 2 8 gb sandisk and the loading times got slower a quite a bit around x1.5 but my saves does not corrupt specially memory stick around here are only class "A"s and ligit cards cost around 4x more from a class A ones so I'd just picked sandisks sdhc but the choice is yours
moogle.gif

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man18 said:
i dont like sticks that large, sure they allow you to store a lot of media but its not like you will use it often enough that it will matter, even with games, maybe one or 2 games at a time being a puzzle/RPG combo kind of deal but why spend the money on a good card. get a goood 4g and go with that

I think the reason people get larger cards is so they can take a few new games AND their retro collections with them. Most peeps who hack their PSPs are gonna run a lot of emulators on em, plus a few actual large PSP/PSX games. All those little NES, GB, GBC, and Especially GBA/N64 ROMs build up pretty fast. Therefore, you'd probably need at least an 8 gigger to carry around retro games and your puzzle/rpg combo. Plus, it's a pain in the butt having to switch out cards and the like to get what you want. I'm getting no less than a 16, but probly not a 32, they're so expensive. I probly wouldn't even conisider it unless I could get a good one for around $75 or less. $110 is waaaaay too much for that little space.

One thing I'm glad of though is that PSP memsticks are larger in physical size than other cards, like microSDs for DS flashcarts. I'm always afraid that I'll mishandle or snap my $40.00 16GB MicroSD card because it's so tiny
tongue.gif
I'm fine with it for now, though. For that reason alone, I'd probly NEVER go the MSD adapter way, plus the fact that it does in fact make the games load slower, and I have SEEN how slow PSP games usually load. For some baseball game they had out in a best buy it took three minutes just to get to the game.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already on 6.38 with a PSP 3000, so I can't and nor do I care to hack the system. I just want more possible PS1, PSP & music.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a photofast SD adapter for a few years before it died and took the two 8GB micro SDs with it (should've saw it coming with the random corrupted saves and whatnot). I now use a 16GB Lexar pro duo that I got for $35 on amazon I think. I honestly think that the performance of the photofast was actually greater (The Lexar has a noticeable write latency, only see it during saves), but I think the reliability of a legit pro duo is a little more important.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Lexar's have always been the worst performing of the genuine Pro Duo's, and a 16GB Lexar the moreso. Sandisk all the way, and Ultra II if possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill