Hacking Get straight back to CFG USB Loader?

GENOCIDEGeorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I close a game that I've booted with CFGUSBL, is there a way I can get it to return straight to CFG's menu?
Without Prii/Pre-loader, please?

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you mean you exit a game and it goes to the System Menu?

If so I don't think any of the loaders return to the loader themselves after you exit, unless you like you say use priiloader...

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AFAIK priiloader is the only way to do this, it's easy to set up, but if you dont want it, than you'll just have to go back to the system menu, than choose CFGUSBL from there.

And, if you don't mind me asking, why dont you want priiloader?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games and channels are made with the official SDK. As part of that SDK, there is a "HBM" library. And it is this library that handles returning to the system menu when you exit a game. Since preloader replaces the system menu, it allows you to redirect yourself when exiting a game.

Since this is 1 library shared among all games (with slight variations due to different versions of the SDK), it can be patched pretty generically like 001, 002 patches ect. Its just a matter of somebody finding the specific region of that lib and the magic 8 bytes to patch and then you should be able to exit to any channel installed on the wii. So if you want this to happen, you should go study up on ASM and open up a game dol in a disassembler and start poking around.

GENOCIDEGeorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
games and channels are made with the official SDK. As part of that SDK, there is a "HBM" library. And it is this library that handles returning to the system menu when you exit a game. Since preloader replaces the system menu, it allows you to redirect yourself when exiting a game.

Since this is 1 library shared among all games (with slight variations due to different versions of the SDK), it can be patched pretty generically like 001, 002 patches ect. Its just a matter of somebody finding the specific region of that lib and the magic 8 bytes to patch and then you should be able to exit to any channel installed on the wii. So if you want this to happen, you should go study up on ASM and open up a game dol in a disassembler and start poking around.

So wait, does that mean if I install Priiloader, I'll have a completely different Wii System Menu? o.o

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GENOCIDEGeorge said:
giantpune said:

So wait, does that mean if I install Priiloader, I'll have a completely different Wii System Menu? o.o
no, you will still have the same old system menu, unless you change the priiloader settings to load someting else, CFGUSB for example.

GENOCIDEGeorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, does that mean I'll be unable to access the System Menu?
Or, does it mean that after the health screen it'll go straight to CFGUSB?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GENOCIDEGeorge said:
So, does that mean I'll be unable to access the System Menu?
Or, does it mean that after the health screen it'll go straight to CFGUSB?
It all depends on how priiloader is set up. By default once you install priiloader it appears as if nothing has happened, the system will start like normal and you won't even know priiloader is installed, however, if you turn on your wii well holding reset , the priiloader menu will appear, and now you can start changing things, like wheather priiloader loads the system menu or some other dol. If you have it start cfgusbl and also return to cfgusbl than I'm not sure if you can get back to the system by exiting cfgusbl, but you could always just hold reset, priiloader shows up and then you load the system menu from there.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so ive found where wiisports loads the HBM library at 0x80177950. Maybe somebody that understands ASM better than me can find the magic part in there.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
If you have it start cfgusbl and also return to cfgusbl than I'm not sure if you can get back to the system by exiting cfgusbl, but you could always just hold reset, priiloader shows up and then you load the system menu from there.
You can, but you need a recent version of Priiloader like beta 4. You then just set "home=wii_menu" or "home=Pune" in config.txt and Cfg will ask Priiloader to boot to the Wii Menu.

GENOCIDEGeorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... in n00b speak, please?
smile.gif

maybe a tutorial or something?
biggrin.gif

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GENOCIDEGeorge said:
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

for me too. the only two channels i ever use are usbloader gx and mplayer ce, but i could reach mplayer ce from the hbc bit in usbloader gx

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GENOCIDEGeorge said:
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

figured it out

install latest priiloader. put a forwarder dol for the usb loader you want into the root folder of your sd card, you can leave it with its original name you dont need to change it to boot.dol.

go into general settings and change the returns back to setting to return back to installed dol. save and then click on install dol and select the loader forwarder.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bootmii stuff wont work with this. those only work when bootmii runs. when you exit a game, it starts whatever is in the system menu's spot.

Ofterdingen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well when you click Reset instead of Wii Menu you get right back to CFG Loader. At least this should work for all non-Nintendo games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries