Hacking GET a dsx, dsx is GOOD from a GOOD company

frogsmasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread was created because I noticed another thread with the title "do NOT get a dsx, dsx is junk from a junk company" which is located here: link

The reason I am posting this thread is to defend DS-X. I usually dont post much anywhere, but after seing a post with such a horrible, and slanderous title, I had to step up. I bought the DS-X on the 3rd batch around Christmas time of 2006, and I didn't recieve it till after the Holidays. I had the DS-X for about ten days, and I loved it, and I still do love it, and now let me get on with my story...

My wife got a brand new Nintendo DS for Christmas, and a few days after that the DS-X. I love the DS-X to death, and it works great, and it works well beyond its abilities. After owning the DS-X, and the Nintendo DS for about a week my wife decided to do the laundry, and happend to scoop up the Nintendo DS with the DS-X card inside the DS. The entire load of clothing, and the Nintendo DS was thrown inside the washing machine. Everything was soaked, and more than likely ruined. I tried the DS, and it worked, but the bottom screen was ruined from water damage, and you could only play the DS while it was plugged into the wall, even though it was fully charged. The DS-X still played in the brokeen DS flawlessly. I ended up taking the Nintendo DS back to the store to recieve a refund, and I had to wait 10 days to find another one. The demand for these Nintendo DS' are crazy, and that's good!

So I got another Nintendo DS finally, and the DS-X works great! After being washed for god knows how long, the damn thing works perfectly. So if you have a problem with your DS-X, than you should take it up with the website that sold it to you, or read up on some tech support from the DS-X forums. Maybe it's something they can fix, but anyways you shouldn't slander a company based on your small, and I'm sure isolated incident.

I just want to thank DS-X for making a reliable product that is indestructible to water :>

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...but anyways you shouldn't slander a company based on your small, and I'm sure isolated incident.
But we should praise a company based on your small and isolated incident?
ohmy.gif

Not hating on the DS-X, I've heard it's a great product. Your logic just seems a touch quirky!

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DS-X survives a wash and that makes up for all of it's other downfalls?
tongue.gif
I've got nothing against DS-X, so I'm not downplaying it. Nor will I praise it. It's called an opinion. Neither the OP, or the poster of the DS-X hate thread is right, or wrong.

frogsmasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...but anyways you shouldn't slander a company based on your small, and I'm sure isolated incident.

But we should praise a company based on your small and isolated incident?
ohmy.gif

Not hating on the DS-X, I've heard it's a great product. Your logic just seems a touch quirky!

I know for a fact that my post has more logic than the guy out right talking down a product that has worked for so many people. Why should he post a thread about his problem for thousands of people to see, and turn people away from an awesome product when his purchase is an isolated issue. His purchase could have been addressed through the reseller, and he could have had his problem handled with care,(depending on the site) and he could have came back to tell everyone how his problem was fixed, and how his new replacement works very well.

I am not biased in any way shape or form. I came to this forum to look for a slot 2 device that would work well with the DS-X, and the first post I see is about how the DS-X isn't a very good product. Also my praise is backed up by alot of people. alot of happy customers, and the complaints are small. So I think your logic is a bit quirky, sir.

frogsmasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tongue.gif
I've got nothing against DS-X, so I'm not downplaying it. Nor will I praise it. It's called an opinion. Neither the OP, or the poster of the DS-X hate thread is right, or wrong.

What other downfalls?

The only problem I can see is that it costs way too much money, but if it costs too much then dont buy it.
It has worked for me. What is it that you want it to do that it wont allow?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont know why people are going against the ds-xtreme . When most of them have not even used the things. thats the reason i dont say bad stuff about a product unless i use it. The ds-xtreme is brillaint i have not had one problem with it.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif

What other downfalls?

The only problem I can see is that it costs way too much money, but if it costs too much then dont buy it.
It has worked for me. What is it that you want it to do that it wont allow?
Right. So it's agreed that at the current time, with the current competition, it costs "way" too much. I never said I was gonna buy it, especially since it costs too much. What I'm saying is, this single account of it surviving a wash doesn't make it any cheaper ;p Hey, I'm glad it survived the wash (not really) and that's all good, but I don't think anyone should make that their only reason for going with the DS-X. The smart consumer would look at what each cart can do, what it can't, it's price, customer accounts (like this one), and so forth. Then if one card is worth paying for, go with it. I don't want DS-X do a damn thing for me
tongue.gif
I bought an R4 and I'm done.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Let me tell you just one thing...

You ARE real newbie.

Wow, what an argument. No need to ask who started a flamewar here if it comes, humm ?

Personnally I own a DS-X for 2-3 months now and hell yeah I'm not deceived. I think it's worth the price for people like me who want an easy way to play roms and homebrews on NDS, without patching them, etc..

Perhaps some got problems with it, but I just want to say a big "Great" for the DS-Xtreme creator, an USB "Drag & Drop System" flash for the NDS is worth the honor huh ?

Great and that's all. But I know anybody love to be part of a clan. "Woooooh ! Mario and Zelda are for kiddies", "Sony sucks, PS3 freeze, ohhhh yeah I'm not a foooool !", "Microsoft I fuck your mom, XBox 360 is for gays !". Just get kinda boring really.

We all love the DS nope ? So what's the point in criticisms over the way to play our passion ? Peace and love dudes
yaynds.gif

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread was created because I noticed another thread with the title "do NOT get a dsx, dsx is junk from a junk company" which is located here: link

The reason I am posting this thread is to defend DS-X. I usually dont post much anywhere, but after seing a post with such a horrible, and slanderous title, I had to step up. I bought the DS-X on the 3rd batch around Christmas time of 2006, and I didn't recieve it till after the Holidays. I had the DS-X for about ten days, and I loved it, and I still do love it, and now let me get on with my story...

My wife got a brand new Nintendo DS for Christmas, and a few days after that the DS-X. I love the DS-X to death, and it works great, and it works well beyond its abilities. After owning the DS-X, and the Nintendo DS for about a week my wife decided to do the laundry, and happend to scoop up the Nintendo DS with the DS-X card inside the DS. The entire load of clothing, and the Nintendo DS was thrown inside the washing machine. Everything was soaked, and more than likely ruined. I tried the DS, and it worked, but the bottom screen was ruined from water damage, and you could only play the DS while it was plugged into the wall, even though it was fully charged. The DS-X still played in the brokeen DS flawlessly. I ended up taking the Nintendo DS back to the store to recieve a refund, and I had to wait 10 days to find another one. The demand for these Nintendo DS' are crazy, and that's good!

So I got another Nintendo DS finally, and the DS-X works great! After being washed for god knows how long, the damn thing works perfectly. So if you have a problem with your DS-X, than you should take it up with the website that sold it to you, or read up on some tech support from the DS-X forums. Maybe it's something they can fix, but anyways you shouldn't slander a company based on your small, and I'm sure isolated incident.

I just want to thank DS-X for making a reliable product that is indestructible to water :>

because laundering flash carts is a widespread problem...
rolleyes.gif

-i paid $57 (r4ds) + $16 (1gb micro sd) = $73 and i'm happy because the thing is awesome
-you paid around $130 for something that does the same thing equally awesome.

who got the better deal?

krdvmus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me tell you just one thing...

You ARE real newbie.

Wow, what an argument. No need to ask who started a flamewar here if it comes, humm ?

Personnally I own a DS-X for 2-3 months now and hell yeah I'm not deceived. I think it's worth the price for people like me who want an easy way to play roms and homebrews on NDS, without patching them, etc..

Perhaps some got problems with it, but I just want to say a big "Great" for the DS-Xtreme creator, an USB "Drag & Drop System" flash for the NDS is worth the honor huh ?

Great and that's all. But I know anybody love to be part of a clan. "Woooooh ! Mario and Zelda are for kiddies", "Sony sucks, PS3 freeze, ohhhh yeah I'm not a foooool !", "Microsoft I fuck your mom, XBox 360 is for gays !". Just get kinda boring really.

We all love the DS nope ? So what's the point in criticisms over the way to play our passion ? Peace and love dudes
yaynds.gif

I'm not offending anyone.

I just told him the truth.
yaynds.gif

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lot go sell your testimony to DS-X.
cause no one else cares. the DS-X sells itself, we dont need to hear how good it is again. Thats my OP, but im not gunna make a new topic about it. Next time put those thoughts in the topic you linked us too.

on the other hand its nice that you are making sure poeple see the product as a positive because you think it's good.

i can't help but think you are here to promote DS-X.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Stupid kids, always talking about flashcards and shit. Talk about games. I fully agree with iori, flame wars are getting BORING if you've been on the internet for that long. Nowadays there's a lot of flaming everywhere
sleep.gif
. DS-X is prolly worth its price. If you wanted to buy 3 retail games, you already earned its money back.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Great, they're still humble people who want to talk without pointing out that they are THE ONLY ONE who know everything about everything everywhere and everytime.

And what if the only problem is the price ? Personnally I finished around 30~40 games since I got it, can say that was way worth the investissment huh ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1