Georgia plans to kill Troy Davis tomorrow

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apparently, according to the article in the start post, I am against this happening. Without any knowlidge of this or any other info, court records, etc., I have no clue. Aside from the questionable use of the death penalty of course

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Thesolcity said:
machomuu said:
LightyKD said:
Race issue aside, I'm just worried that Georgia is so hell bent on killing a man who could possibly be innocent. This worries me.
Welcome to...the world. Almost every case and trial I can think of had a possibility of the guilty wo/man being innocent. That's how things are everywhere, and things would be much more troublesome (yet just) if we could find everyone definitively guilty.

This sounds like a job for....

phoenix_wright_ace_attorney_conceptart_D3xCU.jpg

LMAO! I rather trust this guy...

phoenix-wright.jpg

We're trying for guilty, not innocent here.
tongue.gif

Also @Bluestar What the shit did I just read?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just read that wiki (skimmed) article... it really sounds like the courts really want this man dead. I don't get it though, from this wiki link, it sounds like there has never been enough proof to show he's guilty, yet they're still going to execute him? Isn't it "innocent until proven guilty" yet this case seems like it's 50/50 down the middle... glad I live in Canada, at least I'll have a better chance of proving my innocence than in Georgia.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
LightyKD said:
Thesolcity said:
machomuu said:
LightyKD said:
Race issue aside, I'm just worried that Georgia is so hell bent on killing a man who could possibly be innocent. This worries me.
Welcome to...the world. Almost every case and trial I can think of had a possibility of the guilty wo/man being innocent. That's how things are everywhere, and things would be much more troublesome (yet just) if we could find everyone definitively guilty.

This sounds like a job for....

phoenix_wright_ace_attorney_conceptart_D3xCU.jpg

LMAO! I rather trust this guy...

-snip-

We're trying for guilty, not innocent here.
tongue.gif

Also @Bluestar What the shit did I just read?
I meant any definitive verdict.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
LightyKD said:

Well, no, not the whole world. Only countries like Iran, Syria, China, North Korea and the US have the death penalty. you can release someone who's been wrongly convicted and sentenced to life, you can't resurrect someone you've wrongly killed.

What I find odd is the attitude of a certain part of the political spectrum, "I don't trust the state with my healthcare, my taxes, the economy or children's education, but I trust them to execute the right people."

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
machomuu said:
LightyKD said:

Well, no, not the whole world. Only countries like Iran, Syria, China, North Korea and the US have the death penalty. you can release someone who's been wrongly convicted and sentenced to life, you can't resurrect someone you've wrongly killed.

What I find odd is the attitude of a certain part of the political spectrum, "I don't trust the state with my healthcare, my taxes, the economy or children's education, but I trust them to execute the right people."
Well I was talking about being wrongly sentenced or accused. My previous wording was meant to fit this specific situation.

D

Deleted_171835

FTFY,
alidsl said:
also the security guard he apparently killed worked outside burger king and he was called MacPhail

And yes, this is pretty fucking retarded. Executing a man for apparently murdering a copper when there is no physical evidence convicting him, no murder weapon found and just some flimsy eyewitness accounts (seven of the eyewitnesses have already recanted their statements).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
machomuu said:
LightyKD said:

EXACTLY! Some people on the right are so damn annoying. "We dont want government to do this that and the third, yet we want to regulate a woman's right to an abortion, stop people from fucking whoever they want and basically rob the poor while rich people get to dictate the god damned country. Oh and BTW let's cram Christianity down everybody's damn throat". What these ignorant people fail to realize is that a) with no government there's anarchy. There's a reason humanity created the concept of democracy, government and social contracts. b) not everybody is oblivious to their plan. Yes, let's tell everyone that we want no government involvement but force our agenda on people. HELLO! That's government involvement. Dumb asses!
angry.gif

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
BlueStar said:
machomuu said:
LightyKD said:

EXACTLY! Some people on the right are so damn annoying. "We dont want government to do this that and the third, yet we want to regulate a woman's right to an abortion, stop people from fucking whoever they want and basically rob the poor while rich people get to dictate the god damned country. Oh and BTW let's cram Christianity down everybody's damn throat". What these ignorant people fail to realize is that a) with no government there's anarchy. There's a reason humanity created the concept of democracy, government and social contracts. b) not everybody is oblivious to their plan. Yes, let's tell everyone that we want no government involvement but force our agenda on people. HELLO! That's government involvement. Dumb asses!
angry.gif

Its funny you say Christianity is forced down others' throats when its actually a sickly twisted "Americanized" version. Please allow this pic to explain.

BvEDf.jpg

Its sickening from a true Christian's perspective, just like the "Every Muslim is a terrorist" agenda.
dry.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
LightyKD said:
BlueStar said:
machomuu said:
LightyKD said:

angry.gif

Its funny you say Christianity is forced down others' throats when its actually a sickly twisted "Americanized" version. Please allow this pic to explain.

BvEDf.jpg

Its sickening from a true Christian's perspective, just like the "Every Muslim is a terrorist" agenda.
dry.gif

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Christians or Christianity in general or any other religion for that matter. I just hate the sick twisted view that the right keeps spitting out. I'm a non believer of anything but my fiance is a devout Christian. I'm just happy that she's a real Christian that actually believes in the good parts of her religion and not one of those messed up ones that keep trying to cram a doctrine down you.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it, Georgia. You just have to do it your own way...

Seriously, though, this is pretty terrible news. I oppose the death penalty (both moral and practical concerns) to begin with, and considering how much doubt there is over this man's guilt, going ahead with this just seems wrong.

I can only hope somebody with the power to stop this wises up.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no sympathy for murderers. I'm not going to buy into the left wing propaganda . The only thing that saddens me is that this wasn't taken care of years ago. The sympathy should go to the murder victim but I think people are kind of restarted these days, only giving sympathy to criminals.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of this guy...
If its another OJ Simpson like case, I say kill him.

EDIT: And I apologize if that sounds terrible, but thats my opinion.
If the world was perfect, we'd all tell the truth and know who is and isn't guilty. If he IS going to die today, I'd rather have him had done the criminal act so he doesn't die in vain. But if he does die in vain... well then thats very unfortunate. Nothing we can do about it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken