1. Scorpei

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Apparently, according to the article in the start post, I am against this happening. Without any knowlidge of this or any other info, court records, etc., I have no clue. Aside from the questionable use of the death penalty of course

2. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    We're trying for guilty, not innocent here. [​IMG]

Also @Bluestar What the shit did I just read?

3. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

You just read an Black family (who are also the prosecutors) not the give some teenagers (the defendants) the death penalty

4. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I just read that wiki (skimmed) article... it really sounds like the courts really want this man dead. I don't get it though, from this wiki link, it sounds like there has never been enough proof to show he's guilty, yet they're still going to execute him? Isn't it "innocent until proven guilty" yet this case seems like it's 50/50 down the middle... glad I live in Canada, at least I'll have a better chance of proving my innocence than in Georgia.

5. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I meant any definitive verdict.

6. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Well, no, not the whole world. Only countries like Iran, Syria, China, North Korea and the US have the death penalty. you can release someone who's been wrongly convicted and sentenced to life, you can't resurrect someone you've wrongly killed.

What I find odd is the attitude of a certain part of the political spectrum, "I don't trust the state with my healthcare, my taxes, the economy or children's education, but I trust them to execute the right people."

7. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Well I was talking about being wrongly sentenced or accused. My previous wording was meant to fit this specific situation.

8. FTFY,
    And yes, this is pretty fucking retarded. Executing a man for apparently murdering a copper when there is no physical evidence convicting him, no murder weapon found and just some flimsy eyewitness accounts (seven of the eyewitnesses have already recanted their statements).

9. mkoo

mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Did I read wikipedia article right?
    Burger King has armed guards in the US?

10. LightyKD

OP LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    EXACTLY! Some people on the right are so damn annoying. "We dont want government to do this that and the third, yet we want to regulate a woman's right to an abortion, stop people from fucking whoever they want and basically rob the poor while rich people get to dictate the god damned country. Oh and BTW let's cram Christianity down everybody's damn throat". What these ignorant people fail to realize is that a) with no government there's anarchy. There's a reason humanity created the concept of democracy, government and social contracts. b) not everybody is oblivious to their plan. Yes, let's tell everyone that we want no government involvement but force our agenda on people. HELLO! That's government involvement. Dumb asses! [​IMG]

11. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    Its funny you say Christianity is forced down others' throats when its actually a sickly twisted "Americanized" version. Please allow this pic to explain.

[​IMG]

Its sickening from a true Christian's perspective, just like the "Every Muslim is a terrorist" agenda. [​IMG]

12. LightyKD

United States
    Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Christians or Christianity in general or any other religion for that matter. I just hate the sick twisted view that the right keeps spitting out. I'm a non believer of anything but my fiance is a devout Christian. I'm just happy that she's a real Christian that actually believes in the good parts of her religion and not one of those messed up ones that keep trying to cram a doctrine down you.

13. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Not every Muslim is a terrorist, but every terrorist is a Muslim.

[jokes]

14. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    God damn it, Georgia. You just have to do it your own way...

Seriously, though, this is pretty terrible news. I oppose the death penalty (both moral and practical concerns) to begin with, and considering how much doubt there is over this man's guilt, going ahead with this just seems wrong.

I can only hope somebody with the power to stop this wises up.

15. LightyKD

United States
    Looks like the poor sap will die today...

16. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Welcome to the South, the Bible Belt mentality still exists and they are 50 years behind the times on some issues.

17. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Well that's sick.. i'm for the death sentence in some cases but am the most for "innocent until proven guilty" :/

18. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    so is he dead now?

19. dickfour

dickfour Banned
    Banned

United States
    I have no sympathy for murderers. I'm not going to buy into the left wing propaganda . The only thing that saddens me is that this wasn't taken care of years ago. The sympathy should go to the murder victim but I think people are kind of restarted these days, only giving sympathy to criminals.

20. Oveneise

Oveneise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Never heard of this guy...
    If its another OJ Simpson like case, I say kill him.

EDIT: And I apologize if that sounds terrible, but thats my opinion.
    If the world was perfect, we'd all tell the truth and know who is and isn't guilty. If he IS going to die today, I'd rather have him had done the criminal act so he doesn't die in vain. But if he does die in vain... well then thats very unfortunate. Nothing we can do about it though.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - tomorrow, Georgia, plans