Homebrew genplus GX not loading games???

devlmaycry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, my 4.2 Wii has been softmodded for a while now and everything works EXCEPT my genplus gx. I downloaded it through the homebrew browser then updated it to r464. Now the issue I've had forever now before and after the update of the emu was that it listed the games, selected a game, said loading and flashed some numbers, then black screen..... I can press the home button and go back to the emu main menu, but alas no game playing.

What could I be doing wrong my usb loader gx, snes emu, gba emu all work.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
The fact that other program "work" is irrelevant in this case, it's a problem with the game you are trying to load. You get a black screen because the ROM is not a valid Genesis ROM.

I bet it is an unsupported file format (hint: 7z is not supported), what is the exact ROM filename ?

devlmaycry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I was figuring that none of the other emu having issues might help narrow down the causes vs the have you checked the typical abc in the sense of does a, b, or c work?

It seems to be any rom I try from my library. They have all worked on my computer with any emu I have ran for the Genesis, but again apples and oranges (windows and Wii
rolleyes.gif
) . I can post one of the files here if that would help, they are all working zip files.

I appreciate someone finally replying in one of the forums that I've posted in.
hate2.gif

devlmaycry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah hahaha. I did discover after right clicking on my files and reading the fine print at the end that they are compressed in the 7z file format that can be uncompressed with my winRAR program. That would explain why I can't play them if 7z's files are not compatable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1