Genesis Plus GX v1.6.0

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
GplusGX_icon.png
[tn=200]http://gbatemp.net/news/MainMenuGGX040111.png[/tn]​

Eke-eke has updated Genesis Plus GX, the Genesis Plus emulator for the Wii and GameCube, to version 1.6.0. The project supports multiple Sega systems, including Genesis, Megadrive, Master System, Game Gear, and SG-1000. See the extensive change log below for what's new in this release, and check out the project's page for more information about this homebrew.

• Core/Sound
  • added YM2413 emulation in Master System compatibility mode.
  • fixed SN76489 noise boost initialization.
  • minor YM2612 core optimizations.

Core/VDP
  • added accurate emulation of SG-1000, Master System (315-5124, 315-5246) & Game Gear VDP.
  • added support for all TMS9918 rendering modes.
  • improved Mega Drive VDP timings accuracy in Master System Compatibility mode.
  • fixed color palette initialization.
  • fixed shifted sprites rendering in Mode 4.
  • modified pixel rendering support (pixel depth is now forced at compilation time).

Core/CPU
  • optimized 68k core (rewrote 68k interrupt handling, removed multiple CPU types support & unused code) for 5~8% speed improvment

Core/IO
  • added accurate emulation of Master System (315-5216, 315-5237, 315-5297) & Game Gear I/O controllers.
  • added Terebi Oekaki tablet emulation.
  • improved Mouse emulation (fixes mouse support in Cannon Fodder).
  • improved Justifier emulation (fixes gun support in Lethal Enforcers 2).
  • improved 6-Buttons control pad emulation (fixes Duke Nukem 3D)
  • modified lightgun emulation to use common key inputs for all devices.
  • 2-buttons controller is now picked by default for Master System games.

Core/MD
  • added copy-protection hardware emulation for some new dumped games (Tiny Toon Adventures 3, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers & The Battle of Red Cliffs).
  • added Game Toshokan in EEPROM database (verified on real cartridge).
  • fixed Micro Machines 2 - Turbo Tournament EEPROM size (verified on real cartridge).
  • modified SRAM banswitch hardware emulation to be more compatible with some hacks.

Core/MS
  • added Cyborg Z to Korean mapper database.

Core/GG
  • added 93C46 EEPROM emulation (Majors Pro Baseball, World Series Baseball & World Series Baseball 95).

Core/General
  • added support for .mdx ROM format.
  • added Game Gear & SG-1000 ROM support.
  • added accurate emulation of SG-1000, Master System (I, II) & Game Gear hardware models for 100% compatibility.
  • updated to new Genesis Plus license (see http://cgfm2.emuviews.com/)
  • various code cleanup.

Gamecube/Wii
  • IMPORTANT: cheats, screenshots & save files are now stored in console-specific directories (ex: /snaps/md, /cheats/ms, /saves/gg, ...)
  • added 8-bit Action Replay & Game Genie codes support (for Master System & Game Gear games).
  • improved audio/video synchronization for PAL games in 50Hz TV modes (now use VSYNC like NTSC games in 60hz modes).
  • improved gun cursor positioning accuracy.
  • improved horizontal scaling & screenshots rendering in H32 mode.
  • fixed a bug with ROM file extension handling that would affect cheats, snapshots, sram & savestate files.
  • removed ARAM/injected ROM support (unused).
  • removed WPAD_ and PAD_ update from VSYNC callback.
  • increased GCC inlining limits for some speed improvement.
  • compiled with devkitPPC r24 & libogc 1.8.7.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Page

Toastbrot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
definitely the best emulator on the wii for the best 16 bit machine. this + wiimc are main reasons i still got my wii. segacd emulation would be really the cherry on top. then i could finally get rid of my old xbox as an emulator/multimedia machine.
wink.gif

gusmento01

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
getting Stack Dump every time I start a game, any game, didn't have that problem in the previous version, should I format my card?

B

BryceOne

I first tried this new version out and while selecting a rom, the cursor was very slow/sluggish. Even scrolling through the list with D-Pad it was still slow. I found out it was the forwarder, cause using HBC to launch it and it's fine. I use "TroyTheZombie's Animated Channel" seen in the YouTube channel below. Anyone that uses this having the same problem. Could there be a fix or updated channel?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdQcaKaJxy4[/youtube]

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I confirm, it seems to be very slow if you browse ROM from DVD, as if the device was constantly accessed (I can hear the disc scratching every time I select a new ROM). Working fine from USB/SD but indeed a little slower than previous version...

EDIT: I think the problem is with forwarders that does not use IOS58 when loading the application. It will result in slower USB speed which can explain those slowdowns in ROM browser if you load them from USB (still does not explain why it is reading the device while browsing, it clearly didn't do that in previous version !); Maybe some IOS or cIOS are also slower with SD access, I don't know.

QUOTE said:
getting Stack Dump every time I start a game, any game, didn't have that problem in the previous version, should I format my card?

it probably has nothing to do with SD card format
9 chances out of 10 that this is the usual HBC bug and that you doesn't have network connected
remove the line from meta.xml in the /apps/genplus directory
copying the stack dump info and reporting this as an issue in googlecode generally helps as well

gusmento01

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Jacobeian said:
I confirm, it seems to be very slow if you browse ROM from DVD, as if the device was constantly accessed (I can hear the disc scratching every time I select a new ROM). Working fine from USB/SD but indeed a little slower than previous version...

EDIT: I think the problem is with forwarders that does not use IOS58 when loading the application. It will result in slower USB speed which can explain those slowdowns in ROM browser if you load them from USB (still does not explain why it is reading the device while browsing, it clearly didn't do that in previous version !); Maybe some IOS or cIOS are also slower with SD access, I don't know.

QUOTE said:

it probably has nothing to do with SD card format
9 chances out of 10 that this is the usual HBC bug and that you doesn't have network connected
remove the line from meta.xml in the /apps/genplus directory
copying the stack dump info and reporting this as an issue in googlecode generally helps as well

Thanks that actually worked, I almost went back to the previous version, but works fine for now

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
I'm sorry if I sound a bit stupid, but I'd like to have a really nice forwarder channel for this.

I can download channels for Nes, Snes & Gba directly with the Homebrew Browser.

I'd really like to have such a channel for Gensis Plus 1.6 as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30