Homebrew Genesis Plus GX project thread?

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i just wondering if there is a Genesis Plus GX project page on gbatemp.net? Snes9x GX, FCE Ultra GX and a few other emulators have there own threads so with a popular emulator like Genesis Plus GX, it should have a own project thread where people can post bugs and suggestions.

Also, maybe a question for the administrator, it would be nice if all emulator project threads can be added to the 'Sticky Threads' so that they can be found easily. Now threads like these are not on the first page anymore because of the amount of new threads posted every day. The 'Emulator Status' thread is also outdated, maybe cool to give that page a fresh update too.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi all, i just wondering if there is a Genesis Plus GX project page on gbatemp.net?
There isn't, since ekeeke is not here around gbatemp. He is to be found at his GenPlusGX code website, and maybe around GC-Forever.

Snes9x GX, FCE Ultra GX and a few other emulators have there own threads so with a popular emulator like Genesis Plus GX, it should have a own project thread where people can post bugs and suggestions.
With the proper title this could work as a thread for discussion, even if only for community support.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There was a thread were we would call attention to others whenever a new version released. Thing is, new "versions" stopped being released as a normal package (xml file, dol file, png banner, etc), and I guess the thread died down. But the emulator has been updated consistently for many years on Bitbucket. Although the last "packed" version is from 2015, the last version of the emulator itself is from a couple of months ago.

https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/src/master/builds/

There's not much to say, really. It's one of the best Sega related emulators out there, and it has been that way for quite some time, not to mention there's really no competition on Wii. I personally use it as a core in SuperrSonic's RA-SS, but I also have the standalone version for a few things.

It'd be great to have some fresh threads to follow projects, certainly, although with Github you can follow most of them. I actually have a google doc with a whole bunch of links of project pages of wii homebrew and utilities to not forget about them that I did when I started writing lists of decent games for a whole bunch of systems.

Reactions: Flo_o

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There was a thread were we would call attention to others whenever a new version released. Thing is, new "versions" stopped being released as a normal package (xml file, dol file, png banner, etc), and I guess the thread died down. But the emulator has been updated consistently for many years on Bitbucket. Although the last "packed" version is from 2015, the last version of the emulator itself is from a couple of months ago.

https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/src/master/builds/

There's not much to say, really. It's one of the best Sega related emulators out there, and it has been that way for quite some time, not to mention there's really no competition on Wii. I personally use it as a core in SuperrSonic's RA-SS, but I also have the standalone version for a few things.

It'd be great to have some fresh threads to follow projects, certainly, although with Github you can follow most of them. I actually have a google doc with a whole bunch of links of project pages of wii homebrew and utilities to not forget about them that I did when I started writing lists of decent games for a whole bunch of systems.
Oh wow, great to see that it is active on Github, i am familiar with it but sometimes it is hard to follow. Would be great if a new sticky post thread with all Github links for all emulators can be created by the administrator, or can sticky threads be created by normal users also?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think the usual process is that you have to contact a mod or something to make an already existing, normal thread "stickied", but of course the content of said thread should be worthwhile. In this case I don't think it would take much to convince a mod since the actual "emulator thread" stickied here is outdated, not only because it's missing emulators, but because many of the ones mentioned there are old versions and some didn't even exist such as NullDCWii.

But to be fair that post was last edited 5 years old, things have changed.

I'll be happy to share all the links I have related to Wii homebrew applications and share the info I know about them.

Last edited by Maeson,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended