Homebrew genesis and snes emulators won't recognize my HD

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a western digital 1TB HD with genesis and snes roms on it. Problem is, when I use my snes emulator and selected usb mass storage device it says none is attached. When I use my genesis emulator and go to USB it keeps going to the SD card. I know that my HD works because I have media files on it that I use with WiiMC and it recognizes the drive no problem. Any one know what is going on?

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried making a FAT32 partition...same problems. tried deleting config files... same problems. It will only let me boot genesis/snes roms from the SD card. Which would be okay since in total there are about 1.5gigs or roms. Only I have all my homebrew stuff on my SD card, and its only 2gigs. I have an 8gig SD card but from what I gather they do not work well when using it with homebrew. Or am I mistaken?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are using the latest version of the emus make sure you have the newest cios installed. Besides that is the fat32 the primary partition?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember something about the Wii only reading HDs up to about 500Gb (or was that partitions up to 500Gb?) ?? Is this the problem? (I just use an old 250Gb for my Wii...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap