Hacking General softmod backup launching compatibility guide

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your patience, so from what I understand on the first page this IOS version patcher is actually something on my computer not my Wii, and I use it on the ISOs before burning my backups? (A simple yes will suffice)

Secondly to install this neo gamma do I need to uninstall the gamma version I have now?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Thank you for your patience, so from what I understand on the first page this IOS version patcher is actually something on my computer not my Wii, and I use it on the ISOs before burning my backups? (A simple yes will suffice)

Secondly to install this neo gamma do I need to uninstall the gamma version I have now?

YES. Or alternatively you can install cioscorp or just cIOS9 from cioscorp. But if you do this, you might encounter problems with zelda.

Well seems NeoGamma isn't that great news as i hoped, and nobody did create a channel for it for now. You can use a forwarder channel for it(there are tons of it to be found here), the only downside of this is, that you need a sd card insterted everytime you use NeoGamma then.

The release available is for launching from the HBC, so no installation, just copy to the correct folder on sd card and run it from the HBC.

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok WiiPower you have to be the most helpful person on this forum at least for me anyways.

Lastly You speak of installing a higher cIOS version than rev 8 what do I do for this just dl the file, copy it to the root of my SD card and install it on WAD manager?

Also I assume you just take the neogammaR1 folder and insert it into the apps section of the SD card no?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Ok WiiPower you have to be the most helpful person on this forum at least for me anyways.

Lastly You speak of installing a higher cIOS version than rev 8 what do I do for this just dl the file, copy it to the root of my SD card and install it on WAD manager?

Also I assume you just take the neogammaR1 folder and insert it into the apps section of the SD card no?

To install the cIOS, get an official installer from Waninkoko(http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko). But you could check with SoftChip which revision is installed(no official SoftChip downloads, but some are available here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113659)

For every application you get in .dol form, you need a folder /apps/whatever/ on your sd card, and a boot.dol there, a meta.xml and icon.png are optional.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sideshowkrevis83 said:
How soon after a game is released do you usually get notification on its compatibility?

For instance punch out next week monday.

I rarely get notification on compatibility. What game are you speaking of?

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Punch out on wii, next week monday is its release date.

I just don't want to brick my wii with new releases lol, I figure I let someone else handle that. Although I do have starfall so the worst that could happen should only be the game not loading correctly no?

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower,

I downloaded your R2 version of the back up loader and put it in my apps folder, the thing is it still says it is version R1 when you select it from the home brew menu, however it does say version R2 once it is loaded.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
With WiiPower's NeoGammaR2 the Wii freezes after rebooting with hooks on systemmenu 4.0 with cIOS rev12.

Backuplauncher cannot even reboot with hooks with cIOS rev12, it gives an error message.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The reboot only works in 3.2, sorry, i will update the 1st post later. Lol, it's not mentioned there anymore, becuause it's not needed anymore. Sam & Max and FarCry required it and these 2 games are broken in cIOSrev12.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
The reboot only works in 3.2, sorry, i will update the 1st post later. Lol, it's not mentioned there anymore, becuause it's not needed anymore. Sam & Max and FarCry required it and these 2 games are broken in cIOSrev12.

But with cIOS rev9 I could reboot and the game was shown in the disk channel. Only after starting the game occoured an error message. But this is OK because the IOS patch in Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma was not written for System Menu 4.0 and only games which are patched to IOS249 will work.

BUT with cIOS rev 10 and 12 the wii freezes before the game is shown in the disk channel!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
WiiPower said:

But with cIOS rev9 I could reboot and the game was shown in the disk channel. Only after starting the game occoured an error message. But this is OK because the IOS patch in Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma was not written for System Menu 4.0 and only games which are patched to IOS249 will work.

BUT with cIOS rev 10 and 12 the wii freezes before the game is shown in the disk channel!

Ok, just tested, i get a freeze too. This is not a loader issue as it seems since it worked with the other cIOS. And i know that Waninkoko is currently working at disc channel loading for games on usb, so i guess that just has to wait. What do you need the rebooter for anyways?

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
Ok, just tested, i get a freeze too. This is not a loader issue as it seems since it worked with the other cIOS. And i know that Waninkoko is currently working at disc channel loading for games on usb, so i guess that just has to wait. What do you need the rebooter for anyways?

The rebooter was nicer because the game was shown in the disk channel and I could check how much I played with the game.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Levente said:
WiiPower said:

The rebooter was nicer because the game was shown in the disk channel and I could check how much I played with the game.
Thats why many people have cIOSCorp installed. To have disc channel backup launching without having to reboot

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres my list of games that wont work pal version forced to ntsc

Who wants to be a millionaire pal
simpsons game pal
crash of the titans pal
diabolik the original sin Pal

these all greenscreen and no region free works for them, ive tried everything to get these to work

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Added description of region patchers.

bugaveli said:
heres my list of games that wont work pal version forced to ntsc

Who wants to be a millionaire pal
simpsons game pal
crash of the titans pal
diabolik the original sin Pal

these all greenscreen and no region free works for them, ive tried everything to get these to work

Did you try the different video mode patch options in NeoGamma, with a UNPATCHED disc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: