Gaming General PSP homebrew and such questions.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Very few things seem to include a decent manual, or even have their own site (that I can find), so I'm posting here to ask questions.

I'm on a PSP 2000 using 5.50 GEN-D3.[*]How exactly do I use the cheat engine? I got the cheatmaster fusion download from the sticky, unzipped it, downloaded the cheats from the gbatemp cheat database and put all those files in the CMF folder in it. I stuck a copy of that in both the MP_ROOT folder, the seplugins folder, but when I go into the recovery menu it doesn't show up under the plugins section.

[*]Is it possible to use cheats on PSX games? If so, where would I get them?

[*]For multi-disc PSX games, is it better to combine them or leave them separate? How is the disc swapping handled?

[*]What's the best GBA emulator? I got gpSP but it doesn't run, it lists one item of corrupted data (most likely gpsp%), and while it lists gpsp with a generic icon, my PSP refuses to launch it (8002014C). I can launch picodrive and FF8 fine, though. Am I doing something wrong, or possibly using a bad version? This also happens with the SNES emulator I tried.

[*]How do I categorize stuff into folders?

[*]How the hell do I USE something like Gotube or PSPtube ultimate? I can find 8 million instructions on how to download and install, but not a single one on how to actually use it. When I run gotube I just get a browsable list of files on the memory card.The PSP homebrew scene has severely disappointed me.
Always there's tutorials on how to mod your PSP and download shit, but never on how to actually use homebrew.

Oh, piracy? SURE, HERE'S HOW YOU DO IT!
Oh, homebrew? Shit dawg, I don't know about that...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
gpSP is the best emulator although it could take you a while to find a working BIOS (its picky) go to pspslimhacks.com and search "gpSP" they have the latest build. Warning: It is in Japanese so it may be hard to understand but you shjould eventually figure it out

As for cheats, CWCheat is the best to my knowledge. It runs as a plugin and allows cheats in PSP and POPS games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.