Gaming General excitement for Red Steel 2...

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
hmm... i don't get it to work...
if i click on the game in any usb loader, it exits and goes to the system menu...
in USB Loader GX click on the game go to load settings and change the dol to the one in the ISO and watch the motion plus vid and youre set same fix as Wii Sports Resort =D

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've launched the game with alt.dol (player.dol according to CFG usbloader) and I've watched the first instruction vid entirely, the others I started and then cancelled. After that I pressed the return to game button which resets the Wii. Started the game again, this time without alt. dol and it will show the safety warnings and that motion+ is required, which it showed before I used a alt. dol as well, followed by a black screen. Not sure how to get it running... Tried several times now, it just won't do it.

PAL Wii 4.2, CFG loader latest version

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe its a bad burn or dump you got, I did exactly that, I got the warning wrist strap crap and then the game started with a choppy intro but the game plays fine so I am cool with that

TiHKAL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any patching that needs to be done for this to run from disc on neogamma? I'm not on the newest version of neogamma i needed a patch for nsmb to work.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
TiHKAL said:
Is there any patching that needs to be done for this to run from disc on neogamma? I'm not on the newest version of neogamma i needed a patch for nsmb to work.
I have a pal Wii with 4.1E and it works fine without any patching with Neogamma from a disc.

TiHKAL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2U Ntsc
Just get green screen then Wii reboots. I've tried forcing ntsc 480i but failed. Think i may need to do alt.dol. I've never played any pal games before so i'm not familiar with the tricks if any to get it running.

X D D X said:
TiHKAL said:
I have a pal Wii with 4.1E and it works fine without any patching with Neogamma from a disc.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TiHKAL said:
4.2U Ntsc
Just get green screen then Wii reboots. I've tried forcing ntsc 480i but failed. Think i may need to do alt.dol. I've never played any pal games before so i'm not familiar with the tricks if any to get it running.

X D D X said:
TiHKAL said:

Let me guess, there's only the PAL version out now? And you are thinking to incease the compatiblity with a PAL game by trying to force it to NTSC video mode?

TiHKAL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point taken.

That's one of the many settings i tried. After looking at a few other threads it seems to be the alt.dol method. Thanks for the help
tongue.gif

But seriously thanks for doing neogamma.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TiHKAL said:
Point taken.

That's one of the many settings i tried. After looking at a few other threads it seems to be the alt.dol method. Thanks for the help
tongue.gif

But seriously thanks for doing neogamma.

Playing an import game has nothing to do with the alt .dol method. Just turn alt .dol from disc on, select player.dol when booting the game, and then turn alt .dol off again(or turn it to alt .dol disc+ only). That should play the game, remember you need a wm+ for it.

And to get the game to work on a NTSC console, select disc video mode or PAL480i. You need to do that first to confirm if the game works at all, even if you know before doing it, that it will be black and white. After that you can try forcing NTSC and video mode patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU