General Acekard 2i Question...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Ox1de, Aug 19, 2010.

Aug 19, 2010

General Acekard 2i Question... by Ox1de at 2:22 PM (1,046 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ox1de
    OP

Newcomer Ox1de Newbie

United States
    I've been looking around at the stickies here and other places and cannot seem to find anything on this subject. I'm using the latest Akaio firmware with Acekard 2i. All my roms have worked so far and I have not had any trouble whatsoever with it. What I'm asking though is a few questions.

If I'm in a rom and I want to go back to the acekard 2i home screen. Is this possible without shutting the NDSL down?

I read before I purchased it that I could quicksave or save a game anywhere without using save points or a save menu? How do I do this ?

If I want to use GBA roms do I have to do anything special or just drag and drop like the NDS roms ?

Thanks... Sorry if this stuff is common knowledge I really can't find it anywhere.

2. Ireland 1

Member Ireland 1 GBAtemps resident Irish

Ireland
    1. Yes you can by a button combo its L+R+A+B+down. i think.
    2. I dont know about this one.
    3. No, you need a 3 in 1 or something like that to plug into the slot 2 on your ds.

3. Didu50

Member Didu50 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry to say, But GBA has not yet been unlocked on the acekard. The team is trying to Access DSI mode which allows them to use all the RAM in the Dsi.

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you have a DS Lite or DS Phat, you can purchase an EzFlash 3in1 expansion which goes into the slot-2 expansion slot, you will then be able to play GBA games through AKAIO interface just like you already do with NDS games. In you have a DSi or DSi XL, you need the DSTWO as they lack the slot-2 required for the 3in1. The DSTWO has a built in processor which allows it to emulate the GBA, it can also do Real Time Save on the GBA games.