Hacking GeeXboX loading problem

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used GeeXboX before, this is my first time trying it and it's giving me problems.

The alpha 4 zip file comes with two folders: apps and GeeXboX. I of course put the GeeXboX folder in the root of the SD and the folder that was in apps in apps. I load it up on the Wii, the GeeXboX menu comes up, and when the loading bar is at about 80% the Wii freezes, forcing me to unplug it. Anyone else had this problem and have a possible remedy?

Or better yet, is it worth the trouble? My friend has my Xbox 360 so I'm looking for a better way to stream TV episodes and such from my computer. Do the video files skip or anything?

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Disabling wiiconnect24 makes no difference on my Wii. Nor does removing usb device. Alpha 3 works very well but alpha 4 always gets stuck at around 75%. Many Wii users have had this problem with alpha 4.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
disable wiiconnect24.

I disabled WiiConnect24, restarted the Wii, tried GeeXboX again and it's still freezing at the same spot. I guess that wasn't it.

I'm using 3.3 firmware, does that make any difference?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
disable wiiconnect24.
Sorry, but if we have to disable things unlike the previous builds, then this looks like its just taking a step backward. I get the same freeze problem and I'll just stick to MPlayer.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried alpha 3 and it works. I can't figure out how to access the files I have on my computer on this network, so it might not be for me.

Can Mplayer do this? I was under the impression that Mplayer was only for DVDs...

ashee

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Luriden said:
I've never used GeeXboX before, this is my first time trying it and it's giving me problems.

The alpha 4 zip file comes with two folders: apps and GeeXboX. I of course put the GeeXboX folder in the root of the SD and the folder that was in apps in apps. I load it up on the Wii, the GeeXboX menu comes up, and when the loading bar is at about 80% the Wii freezes, forcing me to unplug it. Anyone else had this problem and have a possible remedy?

Or better yet, is it worth the trouble? My friend has my Xbox 360 so I'm looking for a better way to stream TV episodes and such from my computer. Do the video files skip or anything?

i think this is how u gotta make it work (the 80% freeze)

turn on the "Lock" switch of the card before you run GeeXboX

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this on Wiibrew.org under the GeeXboX troubleshooting section:

QUOTE said:
Duhow: In geexbox-0.1alpha4 an error of squahfs (I think) loops and Geexbox never runs. Why happen this?

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was thinking I could use GeeXbox to browse DivX movies and crap from my computer and stream it, much like XBMC on Xbox, but after playing with it enough I don't think I can. I've got Winamp Remote set up and I can do that, but the quality and framerate is pretty bad. So at this point, there's no way to stream stuff?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
whats the main difference with alpha 3 and 4? mines working great. but i dont exactly know which i have coz it was a while ago when i put it on heh.

i can bluetooth stuff direct to the root of the sd, use a usb device and i think they're the main features. cant figure out how to play dvd's on it though. but i'm not to fussed about that coz i got an xbox original for that
tongue.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
does anybody know how to mount a media-file which is located on a windows network share drive? is there a way just to mount the share as a drive and browse it like a usb drive or sd card? i wasn't able to figure that out yet.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
had faced similar problem in previous builds... backing up sd card, formatting and copying everything back had solved the issue... yet this time lots of people got this issue it may not be relevant...
though reading the official thread about geexbox people additionally suggest locking the sd card...

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're going to need Samba for this. I have no idea if it's already been ported since i don't use GeeXBox..
If it is you can mount it just like any other media ..
e.g:
mount \\windowsserver\\sharename -t cifs /where/ever/you/want/it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0