Hacking Geexbox dosent work! Picture included!

• Thread starter Aimen
  • Start date
  • Views 2,481
  • Replies 18
A

Aimen

OP
Hi! I open this from Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 and have a Wii 3.2E with WiiKey 1.9s and have install DVDx, Starfall, cIOS REV7, Mii Update and Shop Updater! Thats all but why cant i start it? :S Look at this picture:
bild009gp5.jpg

It stuck there! Nothing happend! Help? Want help!

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had that problem before.. but it works now (same version)..
don't remember exactly but i might've accidently converted the .elf file into a .dol one(with the elf2dol converter which came out after that HBC beta 9 removed compatibility with broken .elf files) and thus making it not work.. anyway, when i transfered it to the SD card a week later and tried it, it worked..

A

Aimen

OP
noONE said:
I had that problem before.. but it works now (same version)..
don't remember exactly but i might've accidently converted the .elf file into a .dol one(with the elf2dol converter which came out after that HBC beta 9 removed compatibility with broken .elf files) and thus making it not work.. anyway, when i transfered it to the SD card a week later and tried it, it worked..

Ahh, du är svensk, du har omvandlat .elf till .dol? Kan man inte bara ändra om filnamnet till .dol från .elf? Men ska testa alpha 3!

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nej, de är inte exakt samma, så det går inte o bara döpa om, men det finns program som kan konvertera.. men geexbox har en fungerande .elf fil så den ska stanna kvar som .elf

Let's keep further discussion in english, if you want to discuss in swedish, continue thru PMs.

A

Aimen

OP
noONE said:
Nej, de är inte exakt samma, så det går inte o bara döpa om, men det finns program som kan konvertera.. men geexbox har en fungerande .elf fil så den ska stanna kvar som .elf

Let's keep further discussion in english, if you want to discuss in swedish, continue thru PMs.

Ok, but shuld i test alpha3 or can i fix alpha4?

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, I've heard some SD cards simply got problems with alpha4/geexbox in general.. so you might be out of luck.. but sure try alpha 3 if you can't fix alpha 4.
I'd guess a new version isn't far ahead anyway.

A

Aimen

OP
noONE said:
Well, I've heard some SD cards simply got problems with alpha4/geexbox in general.. so you might be out of luck.. but sure try alpha 3 if you can't fix alpha 4.
I'd guess a new version isn't far ahead anyway.

Ok, but must wait. My brothers and sisters use Wii to look on the movie "Alvin och gänget" You know that movie? xD

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. I was also having the same problem with GeeXboX. As for Mplayer; does anyone else have problems playing large files? I'm talking about 700MB avi movies. When i tried watching the latest Futurama movie it crashed about 5 minutes in. It definitely wast the avi though since it worked splendidly in my PC. Any thoughts guys? Is this a problem on my end only or is this a flaw in the app?

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a flaw in the app. Mplayer crashes at random times when I play large files.

And, as other have said, Geebox alpha 4 is messed up. More then half the time it refuses to load or loads with no video (just a black screen).

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem after installing this over the past weekend. A search on this site produced results indicating that the Sd card needs to be locked. I locked my SD card and Geekbox loaded and ran properly. It may be a glitch affecting only certain Sd cards, but it worked for me. I also removed the USB drive which was attached since some users reported that the USB drive must be disconnected when launching Geekbox (some users reported that they did not have to disconnect theirs, but oh well). I then reverted to using Mplayer since I couldn't find a way to fast forward or rewind the video using Geekbox (which Mplayer can do).

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samagon said:
Weird. I was also having the same problem with GeeXboX. As for Mplayer; does anyone else have problems playing large files? I'm talking about 700MB avi movies. When i tried watching the latest Futurama movie it crashed about 5 minutes in. It definitely wast the avi though since it worked splendidly in my PC. Any thoughts guys? Is this a problem on my end only or is this a flaw in the app?
Are you talking about regular MPlayer or MPlayerWii? I've played files that are greater than 700MB perfectly fine on MPlayerWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there