Homebrew Geexbox - couple of questions...

tlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Couple of Geexbox questions I hoped someone could please answer...

1. When you play an MP3 is there anyway to make it automatically play the next song in the folder rather than stop?

2. Can you turn off the visualisation when playing music? -I dont like it.

3. I know how to change the aspect ratio in the video options and have that set up fine, but the image still doesnt quite fill the screen horizontally. Is there any way to change this?

thanks
timbo.

tlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Do you think they'll develop this? Its seems to be quite a massive missing part!

2. Thanks - cant find it though.

3. Anyone?

ZeroGwafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tlangford said:

1. When you play an MP3 is there anyway to make it automatically play the next song in the folder rather than stop?
Actually, if you have all the mp3's in one folder,you can highlight the folder itself and press "A", it should play all media in that folder. You can press 1 for previous, and 2 for next.
Yep, go to the options menu, then audio visuals settings, then disable goom audio settings, this will just show the GeexBox background while it plays music.
3. I know how to change the aspect ratio in the video options and have that set up fine, but the image still doesn't quite fill the screen horizontally. Is there any way to change this? Not sure on this one, perhaps they will implement stretch-to-fit in the next release.

thanks
timbo.

Edited for spelling, definately don't need to respond first thing in the morning...

tlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tlangford said:

Yep, go to the options menu, then audio visuals settings, then disable goom audio settings, this will just show the GeexBox background while it plays music.

Is there anyway to save your settings? When I restart the goom audio is enabled again and I have to disable it everytime I start!

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
ZeroGwafa said:
tlangford said:

Actually, if you have all the mp3's in one folder,you can highlight the folder itself and press "A", it should play all media in that folder. You can press 1 for previous, and 2 for next.
3. I know how to change the aspect ratio in the video options and have that set up fine, but the image still doesn't quite fill the screen horizontally. Is there any way to change this? Not sure on this one, perhaps they will implement stretch-to-fit in the next release.

thanks
timbo.

Edited for spelling, definately don't need to respond first thing in the morning...

Thanks from me too for 1, I didn't know that. Very helpful

ZeroGwafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tlangford said:
tlangford said:

Is there anyway to save your settings? When I restart the goom audio is enabled again and I have to disable it everytime I start!

ok, to turn the visuals off permanently:

open the mplayer.conf in the GEEXBOX/etc/mplayer folder on your SD card
then, scroll down until you see # GOOM Audio Visuals (was line 84 on notepad++)
just change the visuals=yes to visuals=no (don't put any spaces, as this may mess the config up)
that should prevent the visuals from coming back.

That's it, gettin my morning coffee...

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
You really helping me too!! That was driving me crazy!!! Big Thanks!

Enjoy your coffee
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay