Hacking GeckoOS cheat codes crash Mario Kart. Help please!

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using GeckoOS to enable a single cheat in mario kart wii (always have item), but unfortunately there is a side effect that the game seems to hang at certain points. It hangs when you get run over on Moonview Highway stage, or when someone uses lightning or the blue shell hits (on any stage). Any ideas why this is happening guys?

My Wii: USA 4.1 system menu, wiikey, HBC -> GeckoOS 1.9.3.1 -> Mario Kart (PAL)

Thanks in advance guys.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say the cheat you use is causing it. Don't use that cheat and it should stop.

Edit: These codes work by replacing sections of the app, just like the old Action Replay stuff, and have always caused glitches if not done very carefully.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's probably because you're using a cheat to force always having an item and then getting hit by weapons or obstacles which force you to drop items you're carrying (cars on MVHW, blue shells, POW blocks, etc). The cheat is working normally, but this is something that the game really shouldn't be forced to do, so you're going to have crashes.

Personally, I don't see why you'd ever use Mario Kart cheats unless you're five years old; go ahead and disable that thing.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
RowanDDR said:
I'm using GeckoOS to enable a single cheat in mario kart wii (always have item), but unfortunately there is a side effect that the game seems to hang at certain points. It hangs when you get run over on Moonview Highway stage, or when someone uses lightning or the blue shell hits (on any stage). Any ideas why this is happening guys?

My Wii: USA 4.1 system menu, wiikey, HBC -> GeckoOS 1.9.3.1 -> Mario Kart (PAL)

Thanks in advance guys.

the game will always hang with that cheat if when something in the game makes you loose your item

star, lightening, bullet, blue turtle, pow, mega mushroom you get the gist, all but the exeption of falling into the abyss(of the track)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL