Gearbox: No Borderlands 3, Two New IPs Instead

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh Borderlands 2 came out little over a year ago, why would they start another one when they are doing so well with the current game?

Games of that magnitude take 2-3-years, minimum, to produce, so if they haven't started working on 3 as of today...

(And there are lots of other engine options not named Unreal, which isn't really germane since you wouldn't be doing much heavy duty coding while in pre-prod--you can still set targets and start generating art, etc., even w/o a final engine in hand.)

(And my comment had nothing to do w/ it being fine or not my comment is that it's *bad business* to not be working on a third one *now*, especially after all the *other* horrid decisions of the last couple of years, i.e. you don't put the sure thing* on the backburner, and then plunge ahead into risky new ventures**.)

*BL3 is as close as it gets.
**Any new IP is much riskier.

EDIT: of course, this is working under the assumption they're not playing word games while working on a BL MMO and since it isn't called "BORDERLANDS 3" he is, technically, being honest and/or correct.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The apocalyptic attitude is astounding. They just simply said they are currently not working on Borderlands3. In that statement anywhere does it claim they will NEVER EVERY MAKE ANOTHER BORDERLANDS FOR THE REST OF THE COMPANIES LIFE.

I mean come on people .... I love Borderlands (played the shit out both games, and bought all the story based DLC's for each), but i even know better then to ask a company to rush out a game just for my sick disease of wanting another Borderlands to play.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They'll make another Borderlands game when they get another Third party game they can embezzle off of.. Just like they did with Aliens and Borderlands 2.

Reactions: chartube12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.