Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

my cheap 3rd Party GC Memory card forgot all my savegames spontaniously. Is there anything I can do about it, perhaps some kind of Wii homebrew rescue program? Or can I connect the card to a PC und try a flash rescue program, as far as I know GC Memory cards are SD cards with a proprietary connector.
The data is more important than the card, I don't think I'll ever use it again because if it forgets my saves one time it could any other time. So if I can get the data off it I have know problem making the card unusable for Wii/GC in the process.
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, figured it would be adequate.

Thanks in advance

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fraid not... You could try dumping the data using an existing program, but is the files aren't showing, then something has become corrupted and there isn't anything you're likely to be able to do short of trying to reconstruct the data manually.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If it's anything like the 3rd party memory card I got for my Wii, the card is sensitive to when it gets inserted. The card may not really be corrupted. It may just need to be re-inserted. I know with mine, it'll work fine until I take it out and put it back in, giving me the message that it is corrupt and needs to be formatted. Taking it out and putting it back in a few times until it says otherwise worked for me. Not sure if this is the case with your memory card though, but it's worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately it's not a problem with the contacts or something like that. The Wii also didn't ask me to reformat the card, the saves just did disappear after not using it for a few months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ