Homebrew GC games shut console off

Ottalaus_saus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Everytime I launch a gamecube game from usb loader gx, I get a nintendont message stating "Initializing virtual 251-block memory card", then it downloads something the size of 2048kb and shuts the console off.

I have serached around the internet and messed with the usb loader gx settings for a couple hours now but nothing seems to work. Oddly enough the saves are successfully made as for example G8ME.raw and stuff like that. Wii games work fine as well.

It seems like this is a pretty rare problem since I didn't find very many posts about it.

Ottalaus_saus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Everytime I launch a gamecube game from usb loader gx, I get a nintendont message stating "Initializing virtual 251-block memory card", then it downloads something the size of 2048kb and shuts the console off.

I have serached around the internet and messed with the usb loader gx settings for a couple hours now but nothing seems to work. Oddly enough the saves are successfully made as for example G8ME.raw and stuff like that. Wii games work fine as well.

It seems like this is a pretty rare problem since I didn't find very many posts about it.
It works off of my SD card so I'll just use that instead, although it has pretty limited space compared to my HDD

Ottalaus_saus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Your hard drive is too slow/timing out. Nintendont is very inpatient with hard drives

get a powered one, or try running it off of a powered usb hub
Thank you! That explains it, because the hard drive I'm using is a 10-15~ year old hard drive I got from dad's work because nobody was using it. I guess I'll just get a bigger SD card since hard drives are so expensive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM