Hacking GC Backups Problem

Dead End

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off i Have Cios rev 14 and Cios Rev 7 installed and NO I have not updated to 4.2

But when ever i try to Play GC Backups like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle or Kirby Air ride it just sends me back ti the wii menu(restarts wii) with no Error code or anything

It started to Happen after the Nintendo Channel Release a few months ago and ever since the update it wont work

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling a cMIOS/patched MIOS.

My guess as to what happened is you saw the message for the new Nintendo Channel, and selected "Update". (That button was actually a system update button... and I sure it doesn't update the Nintendo Channel.)

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem. Just updates from 3.2U to 4.1U and whenever I try to load a burned DVD (single or multi game) I always get an error (something like "DVD error 238 can't read DVD")

I've tried it with three different version of GC launcher (0.1, 0.1 Xi, and 0.2) and even a .wad of 0.2 and they always give the same error.

I've used the cMIOS from WiiGator and Wanin along with Cios 14.

Probably another thing to mention, I've played pre-built multi-game DVDs (DL'd from sites) and they worked perfect with 3.2 and 4.1. Could it just be what I'm burning/creating it with (using GCMultility and another one ran through DOS, burning at 1-8x with Memorex DVD+Rs)

Thanks in advance

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The MIOS Patcher is part of the GameCube Backup Launcher.

The way the archive is organized is weird at best. Decompress it and you'll get a folder. In that folder, there's yet another archive that contains the program(s) you're looking for.

Dead End

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh its downloaded
and im in the folder and im getting a whole bnunch or .c .h ect what do i do with these
is its something for me to do on the wii? or what

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the source code (all of the C and header files). In the folder you just extracted, open up "gcbackup0.2.tgz" and you'll find some HBC-ready programs.

Dead End

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it didnt work...
frown.gif

1st try:It recodnized the game disk but got an error when i tried playing it (i think it was something like 033200 idk but something like that

2nd try: On boot of Backup launcher it showed the logo and then big pink lines filled the screen

What should i do?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you happen to enable region free disc channel in StartPatch or Preloader? That patch broke GCN loading for me and was fixed as soon as I removed those patches.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Install the cMIOS with support for loader AND disc channel based on MIOS v4 or v5. And then try the gamecube backup loader, NeoGamma and NeoGamma rebooter.

Dead End

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man now it wont work
frown.gif

I had to Update to 4.2 because my mom had to update the wii to play animal crossing How do i get HBC back?

Im gonna be Saving up enough Money to Buy Brawl Officialy to do smashstash will it work?(and let me get homebrew channel)

Dead End

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wew it wasnt a system update for some reason it was i think a channel update
smile.gif
YAY now i can continue using TExstures but still what do i need to ensure that it works correctly
Like list everything i need (like i was starting over(sorry but its just not working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1