arael53

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I use the wiigator gamecube backup loader xi and I have a problem... The disc switch doesn't work... The two discs are both on the same DVD... I press Z to select the second disc, but when I press B on the first disc I have a black screen. And if I press A, I Can't change disc during the game...

Any way to make it run ?

(PAL version on a multigame DVD)

Thx

Gatorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made a multi-backup disc and Luigi's Mansion doesn't seem to be working. The game loads, I can go to the select file menu, it shows the intro movie, and then it just goes black. Anything I'm doing wrong? I'm using GC Backup Xi and have an NTSC Wii. I've just been using Auto-dectect to load it. I thought it was an NTSC version. Could I be wrong? Any ideas?

Gatorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made a multi-backup disc and Luigi's Mansion doesn't seem to be working. The game loads, I can go to the select file menu, it shows the intro movie, and then it just goes black when it's time to start gameplay. Anything I'm doing wrong? I'm using GC Backup Xi and have an NTSC Wii. I've just been using Auto-dectect to load it. I thought it was an NTSC version. Could I be wrong? Any ideas?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gatorman said:
So I made a multi-backup disc and Luigi's Mansion doesn't seem to be working. The game loads, I can go to the select file menu, it shows the intro movie, and then it just goes black when it's time to start gameplay. Anything I'm doing wrong? I'm using GC Backup Xi and have an NTSC Wii. I've just been using Auto-dectect to load it. I thought it was an NTSC version. Could I be wrong? Any ideas?

i hate it when newbies double post on thier first ever posts...

on topic: have you read the compatibility list? it might not be a working game. the list is here

Gatorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
Gatorman said:

on topic: have you read the compatibility list? it might not be a working game. the list is here

Hey, sorry about that. I'm not a noob to most forums, just this site. The site or my internet connection was acting up and it double posted. I cringed when I saw I had done that. I tried looking for the delete post link, but didn't find it. I'm probably a major retard and it is staring me in the face. (but really...is it THAT much of an inconvenience?)

At any rate, yeah, I saw that Luigi's Mansion worked. That's why I went ahead and made the backup. It was on the compatability list. I wasn't sure, however, if that applied to a multidisk. Like I said, it works up to it's time to start gameplay. Everything up to that point loads without a hitch.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Gatorman said:
mikeyt1998 said:
Gatorman said:

Hey, sorry about that. I'm not a noob to most forums, just this site. The site or my internet connection was acting up and it double posted. I cringed when I saw I had done that. I tried looking for the delete post link, but didn't find it. I'm probably a major retard and it is staring me in the face. (but really...is it THAT much of an inconvenience?)

At any rate, yeah, I saw that Luigi's Mansion worked. That's why I went ahead and made the backup. It was on the compatability list. I wasn't sure, however, if that applied to a multidisk. Like I said, it works up to it's time to start gameplay. Everything up to that point loads without a hitch.
I certainly see no reason to be hard on a new fellow.
tongue.gif

At any rate, what region is the game and your console? If the game is of a different region, try downloading it in the same region as your Wii--or whatever region the computability list states that it was. If all else fails, spare another DVD and burn the game by itself and see if it works.

Gatorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running an NTSC Wii and got an NTSC copy of the game. Maybe I got a bad burn? It's just so odd to me...the game loads and works, but doesn't go into gameplay, just goes black after the initial movie.

At any rate, hopefully I can figure this one out.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
locke06037 said:
Will this require GC controllers or will my wii classic controller suffice?

You can only use a GC controller (unless you have some kind of adapter that plugs into the GC slot), and I wouldn't expect this to change in the near future due to various limitations.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
locke06037 said:

You can only use a GC controller (unless you have some kind of adapter that plugs into the GC slot), and I wouldn't expect this to change in the near future due to various limitations.

Doesn't the Wii basically become a GameCube when it plays a GameCube game? AKA it will NEVER accept Wii remote input?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SFenton said:
OSW said:
locke06037 said:

Doesn't the Wii basically become a GameCube when it plays a GameCube game? AKA it will NEVER accept Wii remote input?
Yep, it disables all wii thingies in gc mode and is basically a gc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay