GBXchanger Problems With Windows XP

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by kevzor, Feb 4, 2013.

Feb 4, 2013
  1. kevzor
    OP

Newcomer kevzor Newbie

Canada
    I've had a Bung GBXchanger for the past year and a half and I finally acquired an old PC with a parallel port today. I've been trying to get it to work for the past 8 hours, with no luck whatsoever. I've changed the parallel port mode in the BIOS, and have tried multiple programs (DGBMax [command line and gui], GBX-Tool, and GameBox Exchange).
    I can get the programs to recognize the Xchanger, but I can't get them to write to my Mr Flash 64M carts.
    I've been able to get the programs to backup my retail carts, and the .sav files from them, but every time I try to write to the flash carts, I get errors. GBX-Tool gives me "write_eeprom error! 0", and the command line version of DGB Max gives me "write cart error at bank=0." I can't get the GUI version of DGB Max to even recognize my Xchanger.
    Does anyone have any experience with getting one of these things to work in XP, or am I just going to have to install Windows 98?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  3. kevzor
    OP

Newcomer kevzor Newbie

Canada
    Yeah, I've tried a couple of different giveio.sys drivers. When I did the programs actually recognized my Xchanger and my carts, but wouldn't write or erase them.

4. kevzor
    OP

Newcomer kevzor Newbie

Canada
    I managed to get it working by picking up some new batteries.

5. absolalone111

Newcomer absolalone111 Chiptune Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
    Awesome, glad you managed to get it working!

Now send it to ASM you lying, stealing bastard:)