Hacking GBC Rom trimmer?

darnoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know if there is a gbc rom trimmer? i have a problem with one of my games and i was hoping mbye trimming it would solve it if so please post the link to download it thanks!

darnoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its harry potter 1 and its 4 mb so i know there something wrong with it also i redownloaded it a few times

darnoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
als when i download i says its 2.7mb but when i extract its 4mb is it something mabye to do with my computer

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see where you're drawing your conclusions from. Donkey Kong Country for the GBC is 4 MB, but that doesn't mean it's a broken game. Also, there's nothing wrong with it being 2.7 MB when compressed and 4 MB when not compressed as that's the very definition of compression.

GBC games do not contain much trimmable data. Goomba Color supports slightly trimmed/compressed roms, but only with its special trimming tool. These games would not run in Lameboy.

More than likely, the problem is that you believe that Lameboy has perfect compatibility when it doesn't. This game may just not work properly in the emulator for the time being. If you have a slot-2 device, you can try using Goomba Color, but that's the only real option you have.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
DGBMax was quite good at trimming ROMs, back in the days (only works with GB-Xchanger, though). While it's true that you can't trim very much off most GB/C ROMs by todays standards, back then even a few kBytes off meant the difference of having another one of those very small games like Mario Land 1, Tetris, Qix, Quarth or Kwirk on your card ot not.

But trimming really doesn't have anything to do with the OPs problem.

Reactions: calebsw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro