Hacking GBC games?

Mohammad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use my Supercard SD to play Gameboy Color games? If so I think I'm going to trade-in my GBA SP and get a DS lite! yippe brighter screen! no more ds phat!
yaynds.gif
grog.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Youu don't need an external emulator. SC SD has built in emulators for PCE , NES , SGG , SMS , & GBC.Some are out dated but the GBC emu was updated to a more recent version of Goomba color. All you have to do is slap the roms on your SD card and they'll show up in the menu. Play
gbasp.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can. You can either use the outdated build of Goomba Color that's built into the Supercard, or you can create your own compilation with the latest version of Goomba Color, creating a *.gba file that contains several GBC files at once.

Or, if you get a slot-1 NoPass as well to boot the Supercard into DS mode, you can use Lameboy as well.

EDIT: 754boy, I thought the built-in version was still Alpha 6, which is ancient at this point. Was it updated in the 1.85 firmware or something? I'm still on 1.84 I believe.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
EDIT: 754boy, I thought the built-in version was still Alpha 6, which is ancient at this point. Was it updated in the 1.85 firmware or something? I'm still on 1.84 I believe.

Too be honest I don't know the exact version. All I know is that I've been playing Zelda Oracles and they worked just fine
biggrin.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the border around the GBC screen constantly changes color rather than staying black, then it's Alpha 6. If it works then keep using it, but for games that don't run at full speed with Alpha 6 it's definitely worth giving the latest versions a try.

Mohammad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought the new pokemon edition
biggrin.gif
yaynds.gif
for $20 because I took in my DS games (9) and my GBA SP, now I have to spend $40 for a flash card + mem (Supercard DS ONE + Kingston 2gb)
unsure.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Supercard SD" and "Supercard DS:ONE" are entirely separate devices. The Supercard SD is a slot-2 device that has built-in GBC emulation via Goomba Color. The SCDS is a slot-1 device that contains no built-in emulators. It won't make too much of a difference though, as Lameboy is a very good GBC emulator you can run on your SCDS. You just won't be able to use Goomba Color if you ever felt the urge to do so.

Mohammad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would probably have both with me, as I like having the extra ram
wink.gif
Although I guess for ROMs it isn't needed :/ would that speed up the loading times or not?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Could someone help me with this problem?

I have a Supercard DS ONE with Lameboy 0.9 in it and I was playing Pokemon: Trading Card Game.
I saved when I had 3 medals and I kept playing until I had 7 metals and I saved again. I shut off my DS after I saved.
Later on, I loaded Lameboy and loaded Pokemon TCG, but the save file was the save with 3 medals! This has happened several times now. Can someone explain if this can be fixed or if it's just the emulator?

-Yes, I'm sure I saved.

Thanks in advance

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
blastimpulseee said:
Could someone help me with this problem?

I have a Supercard DS ONE with Lameboy 0.9 in it and I was playing Pokemon: Trading Card Game.
I saved when I had 3 medals and I kept playing until I had 7 metals and I saved again. I shut off my DS after I saved.
Later on, I loaded Lameboy and loaded Pokemon TCG, but the save file was the save with 3 medals! This has happened several times now. Can someone explain if this can be fixed or if it's just the emulator?

-Yes, I'm sure I saved.

Thanks in advance
You could always try to use the latest version, Lameboy 0.11
wink2.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forgot to press X after saving in-game. Lameboy only updates the *.sav file on your card with the updated save data if you press X, or L+R which returns to the rom list and also updates the save file.

If you just save in-game and turn off the DS, your progress will be lost.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mohammad said:
Can I use my Supercard SD to play Gameboy Color games? If so I think I'm going to trade-in my GBA SP and get a DS lite! yippe brighter screen! no more ds phat!
yaynds.gif
grog.gif

keep your gba sp for older gameboy games as the ds dosn't play it. hell i still have my old gameboy colour still, if you want brighter screens get a backlit version of the gba sp if you are from america, don't get a micro as it can't play old gameboy games.

if you can't afford to keep your gba sp get the ds lite and run lameboy on it, but i would also consider getting a psp slim and use the masterboy emu, the psp slim has a awesome widescreen for old gameboy games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?