Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd turn straight for this.

Ehh, I know you don't like racks, Dinoh... Here, have a "saddle" to "stuff" instead. I know you're usually on the bottom of the pile, but this... this you'd want to dip in. :tpi:

WAIT! hold the horses! i thought you are straight. :O
Not sure if "can't read the signs" or "joking 'cause EoF"... :unsure: ( :tpi: )

Reactions: DinohScene

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Ehh, I know you don't like racks, Dinoh... Here, have a "saddle" to "stuff" instead. I know you're usually on the bottom of the pile, but this... this you'd want to dip in. :tpi:

Not sure if "can't read the signs" or "joking 'cause EoF"... :unsure: ( :tpi: )

eat
sleep
joke
repeat
eat
sleep
joke
repeat
eat
sleep
joke
repeat
eat
sleep
joke
repeat
eat
sleep
joke
repeat

Reactions: Foxi4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please think of the children of GBAtemp!?

We are, we are sharing aspirations, history, hard knowledge about how the world works and methods on how to think about things.

All good things that children should know. If they can not keep up... well the world needs people to stack shelves.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
We are, we are sharing aspirations, history, hard knowledge about how the world works and methods on how to think about things.

All good things that children should know. If they can not keep up... well the world needs people to stack shelves.

if i see a good rack, ill keep it up all day "long" no problem.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if i see a good rack, ill keep it up all day alone no problem.
I once used to be like you. However I realised if the backend/brains of the operation is too damaged then it is really not worth the hassle.
First you have to sit there coaxing it into doing what you want, hope nobody does the wrong thing (and what was right yesterday may be wrong today) and sends it off in a doom spiral, you may have to disinfect your equipment or protect yourself to an extreme degree, you may have to run all over town trying to find specific parts despite there being no logical reason why the readily available parts will not work and if you are especially unlucky you can get stuck in your ways and become reluctant to trade things in for a newer model. Things have got better in recent years and though it is nice to twiddle the screws yourself the options for virtual alternatives are increasingly viable but in some cases it is not there yet.
Do not get me wrong experience is valuable and if you ever meet high performance/experienced new models you just know you are in for a world of trauma. To that end my advice is by all means appreciate fine equipment in whatever form it comes in but stick to the tried and tested stuff and ditch it before it gets too old.

The only trouble with this method is there are not so many places that will readily accept older models these days and you may end up paying a fortune if you can pull it off. Fortunately you can leave them to get lost on the train and whatever country I have been in tends to have enough places you can dispose of said older models by burying them out of the way somewhere.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I once used to be like you. However I realised if the backend/brains of the operation is too damaged then it is really not worth the hassle.
First you have to sit there coaxing it into doing what you want, hope nobody does the wrong thing (and what was right yesterday may be wrong today) and sends it off in a doom spiral, you may have to disinfect your equipment or protect yourself to an extreme degree, you may have to run all over town trying to find specific parts despite there being no logical reason why the readily available parts will not work and if you are especially unlucky you can get stuck in your ways and become reluctant to trade things in for a newer model. Things have got better in recent years and though it is nice to twiddle the screws yourself the options for virtual alternatives are increasingly viable but in some cases it is not there yet.
Do not get me wrong experience is valuable and if you ever meet high performance/experienced new models you just know you are in for a world of trauma. To that end my advice is by all means appreciate fine equipment in whatever form it comes in but stick to the tried and tested stuff and ditch it before it gets too old.

The only trouble with this method is there are not so many places that will readily accept older models these days and you may end up paying a fortune if you can pull it off. Fortunately you can leave them to get lost on the train and whatever country I have been in tends to have enough places you can dispose of said older models by burying them out of the way somewhere.

damn you FAST and your complex ways.

3deep5me

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
damn you FAST and your complex ways.

3deep5me

All I am saying is be more selective in the racks you deal with. The urge to fiddle with and please everything that is still ticking is strong when you are just discovering your way in life, indeed many of us in this thread have been there, but if we can spare you the heartbreak, blood, sweat and tears that come with such a course of action we have to try.
This is not to say we hold out much hope as my father gave me the very same advice* that I am now giving you but I learned it through bitter experience rather than heeding advice.

*if you lacked a father then they probably still taught you the same lesson, just through actions rather than words (the best way to avoid losing is not to play and all that).

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
All I am saying is be more selective in the racks you deal with. The urge to fiddle with and please everything that is still ticking is strong when you are just discovering your way in life, indeed many of us in this thread have been there, but if we can spare you the heartbreak, blood, sweat and tears that come with such a course of action we have to try.
This is not to say we hold out much hope as my father gave me the very same advice* that I am now giving you but I learned it through bitter experience rather than heeding advice.

*if you lacked a father then they probably still taught you the same lesson, just through actions rather than words (the best way to avoid losing is not to play and all that).

447px-Manlytears3.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When racks are delivered straight to my front door, there's nothing else for me to do but bump this thread:
nkYzQwU.jpg
I too don't see how this could go wrong or be in any way misunderstood. :tpi:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome