Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBAtemp's official Elink review now up!
Standalone GBA cart reviewed

GBAtemp's official review of the Elink is now up!

The Elink is one of the most recent forays back into the golden years of the Game Boy Advance. While most developers are working on their DS offerings the Elink is a standalone cart that tries to provide gamers, who may have missed out on the GBA years, a chance to catch up. This relatively new cart has the advantage of time and knowledge of the GBA scene up its sleeve. So does it take advantage of that or does it degenerate into a cart no better than something made four years ago? Read the review to find out.

Comments can be left in this thread. We hope you find this review helpful and we will have three more reviews heading your way in the not too distant future, the Acekard R.P.G., the TopToyDS and the M3 Real.

icon11.gif
Elink Review
icon11.gif
Elink Website

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
If you're interested you can buy one for GBP19.90 ($US40, $AU45, EUR28) at minionlinestore

I haven't heard of the shop before though so buy at your own risk. It's a cheap card sure, but from my eyes I think it's worth it to put in a little extra money to get something much better for reasons I list in the review.

Anyway, glad you guys liked the review, it's been awhile hasn't it?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice work Opium! I will no longer consider this card because of the way you can't delete any of the games in the order you wish
blink.gif
Excellent review! thanks

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
You guys should review http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4707

Or I can review it once I get my copy (left china 2 days ago, I should get it this week) just to practice writing skillz

A parallel port linker, wow, I haven't seen that since the Flash 2 Advance, my first ever flashcart. It was the champ back in the day oh so long ago. I remember paying $AU178 for it (256mbit size). Seeing this for $9 now makes me a little sad
laugh.gif

Really nice review Opium. Wouldn't mind seeing more reviews from you in the future.

Cheers. I'll be doing the TopToyDS review. I should receive my sample tomorrow so I might take some pictures and write some first impressions so you guys have something to look at before I begin the review. Writing these extensive reviews takes quite a bit of time.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's too bad. I was actually thinking of getting this. I really want a dedicated GBA cart.

Guess I'll just get the EZIII.

Thanks for the review.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been hesitant about this cart...but this review really helped, and I'm definately getting one after Christmas.

Very informative.
Thanks Opium
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night