Fanboy Educator
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned it in Saria's topic on Artist of the Week but I just wanted to make sure that people could see this as another idea, albeit derived from Saria's.

The gist is that maybe we could have yearly awards. This could include but not be limited to Artist of the Year, Most Helpful, Friendliest Mod, Most Promising Newcomer, etc.

There was a couple posts positive on the idea in the other thread, but what does everybody else think?

D2_

Weee!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too bad of an idea. Gives me an excuse to bring back that suggestion in giving out custom medal as a prize.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good...except for most promising newcomer. By the time we have the vote or whatever, he will no longer be a newcomer and could end up being a spammer or a non-poster...It would work for a month, but a year wouldn't.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good...except for most promising newcomer. By the time we have the vote or whatever, he will no longer be a newcomer and could end up being a spammer or a non-poster...It would work for a month, but a year wouldn't.
Exactly, you guys are certainly thinking about it and that is the point. I just threw out some ideas of my own in case it is decided that it is a good idea. Then, it should be determined if it is feasible and how it would work. Obviously, the veterans around here would have the clearest idea on these points.

-EDIT-

Smef, I certainly doubt that this community will die just because Nintendo replaces the GBA with a newer system. If anything, the majority of us would move with it to the new site if necessary as opposed to making a name change for the site. Besides, if it is a yearly award, it covers everything from the currently passed year.

owlman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best GBA game, Best GCN game and best spammer
laugh.gif

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm all for it, as long as we can also vote for " Most unproductive member of the board whose uselessness has come to and end" and then ban that person....

All kidding aside, great idea...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
This sounds like another great idea! A yearly awards night
tongue.gif

I'm all for this and I'd hope that we can start a tradition here at gbatemp that every year on new years day (or close to it) the .......... of the year awards are handed out.
I like your idea D2 about giving the winners a custom medal, which they where for the whole of the next year.

Koekie

djgarf RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!!! :D
Banned
Trophies
Website
uniemelk.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, four times a year is better.

I like the idea, and I also have another suggestion:

give a prize to the artist that made the best entry in a contest. (this will be 4 times a year)
every 1st and 2nd entry gets nominated, and at the end of 1/4th year we have 3 rounds were will be decided what the best piece is
biggrin.gif

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I am all for this. The idea of having it 4 times a year (every 3 months) is great. But I think at the end of the year we should have a huge award ceremony. All those who got awarded during the the year would automatically be nominated for the big awards.

As for voting. The mods, supers. & admins can nominate and vote for the members which will be awarded in the tri-monthly awards and for the big one the members themselves can choose who they like, kind of like a viewers choice decision. This can be done by posting poll topics in the contest forum.

Great Idea I really would like to see this happen.

Fusion Master

WOW Addict :0
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could go for a best ammature game award. lol (My Dralion will be ready by the time we come around to doing this. lol)

I like the Idea. Maybe at the End of every 3 months? (March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31)

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, Fusion Master. What... the... hell. Why in the WORLD have you replyed to this topic? It's been dead for months. And the next mod to come by the thread, please don't close it. I really want an answer to this.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My original intent was to have it take place before now, but the staff while warm on the idea, appears to have been short on time to make it happen.
frown.gif

-EDIT-

Well phuzz, normally I would agree with you, but Fusion Master and Dice are the only ones to even partially pursue my idea, whether they knew it or not. So, I can kind of see why Fusion Master replied to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.