Status
Not open for further replies.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome back, nice to have something decent to read again with familiar faces avatars. Soon as I get paid, I dont mind donating a few coins towards your costs, its a small price to pay.

:( No animated avatars.....

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woo! Welcome back, GBAtemp; you've pulled through with yet another regeneration.
Believe me, it can seem jarring, but you get used to a new body after a day or two.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yay the Temp is back and better than ever!

Costello, I think your being too hard on yourself. There are some mega nerds who will do things like this to piss people off.
Oh and I loved the picture posted while the site was down, I laughed my ass off at the end!

Reactions: Rydian

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Need to get used to the new look since I'm so used to the old one :(

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my duck no longer moves :(

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The main thing I noticed is that the Wiki page links are currently broken; I don't know if the content is gone, or if the links have just changed.

Great job on the quick upgrade, and also thanks for writing such great import scripts!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's good to be back.

XenForo will take some getting used to but it's great to be able to discuss things again.
This breach poses a bit of a problem for me specifically but that's just my problem.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
... do you even know how this kind of shit works? If the security issue was in IPB then it doesn't affect people not using IPB, if the security issue was in the OS,then formatting and installing the latest version (with the fix applied) gets rid of it, etc.
I won't pretend I'm some kind of expert on web development, but I think I know what I'm talking about. Of course, removing IPB removes all security issues related to IPB specifically, but I can imagine that because of the time pressure, the new setup might still contain some other weaknesses. Especially if some code was written specifically for the site and was not part of XenForo or any other software package, the possibility of errors being in there exists.

I don't mean to be overly negative, but the fact of the matter is that GBAtemp has only recently been hacked because of security issues; I think it's only fair to be critical of their security policy now.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glad to be back guys! I hope his new forum makes us better than ever. Also, I never realised how much I am on this site until I saw him many times I was on that page when it was down. Expect a donation for such a glorious site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing