Apple GBAtemp User Generated Apps?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my idea. If I were to buy the Apple SDK, and got a group of users to collaborate with me on creating a ton of helpful apps, who would be interested? After the app is tested, I'll be able to throw it on the App Store and everyone could get a chunk of the profit. For example:

I buy the SDK, iFish creates a app that is useful that I put on the App store. The app sells for $1.00. For every copy of the app that sells me, and iFish would split the profits 50/50. Apple takes 30% of the revenue so we'd both get 35 cents per app sold.

Mostly looking for programmers with skill. Beta testers might also be needed.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pikachu945 said:
this would be awesome!!! I would buy the app for sure
but what will the app do?

Not really a app, but multiple apps create by a few member of GBAtemp that would like their apps put on the App Store. I myself have no programming skill, but I thought it'd be a fun thing to do.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Nobody on GBATemp has any iOS coding skills.

Meh. It was worth a shot.

QUOTE(connorroy @ Feb 3 2011, 05:13 PM) I can help. But apple only takes 30% the developers get 70%

I got the numbers mixed up.
laugh.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoxasIsSora said:
pikachu945 said:

Not really a app, but multiple apps create by a few member of GBAtemp that would like their apps put on the App Store. I myself have no programming skill, but I thought it'd be a fun thing to do.
In other words, you wanted to get other people to make apps, and you'd take half the money made by them? Good luck getting takers for that idea.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
RoxasIsSora said:
pikachu945 said:

In other words, you wanted to get other people to make apps, and you'd take half the money made by them? Good luck getting takers for that idea.

In other words, instead of them making nothing by uploading a app to Cydia. (Except for donations?) They have a possibility to make some money. *Shrugs* Just something I thought of. I mean, I'd be paying $100's for the Apple SDK. They always have the option to buy it themselves, but if the apps aren't successful. There goes $100's.

Pros:

Getting free use of the Apple SDK.
Creating applications that may become popular.
Getting money for creating apps.

Cons:
You have to create a app.
The profits are split between you, and me.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
In other words, instead of them making nothing by uploading a app to Cydia. (Except for donations?) They have a possibility to make some money. *Shrugs* Just something I thought of. I mean, I'd be paying $100's for the Apple SDK. They always have the option to buy it themselves, but if the apps aren't successful. There goes $100's.
Well, I would do it. Initial versions would be free. GBAtempers would be able to test them first because they would know about it first. Then after a few bug reports or intial useful status, we make the price $.99. Most tempers would have the free version, and get free updates while people who bought it late would pay.

EDIT: I would have to buy a iOS coding for dummies, but I would get it done.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
RoxasIsSora said:
Well, I would do it. Initial versions would be free. GBAtempers would be able to test them first because they would know about it first. Then after a few bug reports or intial useful status, we make the price $.99. Most tempers would have the free version, and get free updates while people who bought it late would pay.

EDIT: I would have to buy a iOS coding for dummies, but I would get it done.

Nice. I'll have to get a book as well. *Looks for PDFs/eBAY auctions.*

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Love you too...

Also, you guys need a Mac to code for iOS. Xcode and the SDK are only for Mac.

Also, I would beta test...

Also, an ex GBAtemp member (icefireicefire) sells stuff on the App Store and Cydia Store.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoxasIsSora said:
SifJar said:
RoxasIsSora said:
In other words, instead of them making nothing by uploading a app to Cydia. (Except for donations?) They have a possibility to make some money.
You can have apps for sale on Cydia.

Really? I had no clue.
Yeah, that was added a while ago. For example, I believe a bunch of the emulators (the "*4iphone" from ZotD or whatever they're called) cost money. Some of them a fair bit thereof.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
O really?
I would do this but I would rather pay the $99/£59 myself plus I'm busy with my own app ATM plus coding in a VM is a bitch

Once I
Finish my app and get a real mac though, I'll keep GBAtemp in mind.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThePowerOutage said:
Jamstruth said:
O really?
I would do this but I would rather pay the $99/£59 myself plus I'm busy with my own app ATM plus coding in a VM is a bitch

Once I
Finish my app and get a real mac though, I'll keep GBAtemp in mind.

Yeah? That was my plan. To run the coding programs on a VM, because there's no way I'm buying a Mac just to code a app. Any way it's just a idea that popped into my head, maybe I'll code something myself when I'm more knowlegdeable in the field.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-