GBAtemp tournaments and casual game nights: what would YOU like to see?

vstemp.png

Do you like competitive gaming, fighting it out among your peers to prove yourself as the best? Or maybe you prefer a more toned-down casual time to relax, unwind, and play with some friends? Well, GBAtemp is here to answer the call! We plan to host some get-togethers for our members to have fun playing games once every other week, or so. But before we go through with any solid plans, I'd like to hear from YOU guys--what you'd like to see.

The current idea is to have a set day and time, where the staff chooses an online multiplayer game, and our lovely members can join in and play a few rounds together. Be it Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros., Overwatch, Rocket League, Fortnite, and more. We'd also host whatever game is being played on the GBAtempTV Twitch account, so that there's a dedicated chatroom and place to interact with everyone.

There also would be tournaments every so often, and all competitors who participate would receive an XP bonus for joining in!

Leave a comment below on what you think of the idea, what games you'd like to see, and other ideas that you might have!

Pokemon Showdown (PC)
Pokemon USUM (3DS)
Overwatch (multi)
Rocket League (multi-crossplay)
Fortnite BR (multi-crossplay)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
Splatoon 2 (Switch)
Pokken DX (Switch)
Monster Hunter (3DS or PS4)
Smash Bros. (3DS or Wii U)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd suggest Smash Bros, but unless Nintendo actually joins the 1990s with their online service, i'm sure it'll be just as bad as 4. Which is too bad because I pretty much just wanna do tourneys so I can farm you scrubs and hit level 99 on the Temp.

Otherwise, Tabletop Sim would be fun. Tons of crap to do on that depending on the size of the group.
Garry's Mod would also be pretty top tier for fun with stuff like Murder, TTT, minigolf, and all sorts of crap. I always wanted to get a sunday stream going playing some gmod but never got around to it.

Reactions: DarthDub and Chary

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would really like to see some cooperative games played, especially with two or more members that don't know each other that well. Might build some friendship, community, and should be fun!

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u