Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Congratulations!
toot.gif
I didn't enter though coz I don't know a lot about the gaming industry.
tongue.gif
Enjoy your Acekard 2, winners!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Huh, I got the question wrong by getting it right.
Because it was the Gamecube that was the dolphin.

Bloody trick questions, I read these things carefully too.

Seems like a really unfair question because YOU KNOW THE BLOODY ANSWER.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RupeeClock said:
Huh, I got the question wrong by getting it right.
Because it was the Gamecube that was the dolphin.

Bloody trick questions, I read these things carefully too.

Seems like a really unfair question because YOU KNOW THE BLOODY ANSWER.

Eh
wacko.gif
?

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, i won something in a online competition, Niiiice.

I'm pretty happy about that. I almost won too in the last competition, if i remember well, there was less than 20 people who got the 25 questions right but there was only 2 prizes. Now, justice has been served
smile.gif

Thanks to GBAtemp, couldn't live without you
yaynds.gif

scootmcfly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks gbatemp.net for a great quiz and Acekard for their generosity. Also, congrats to all the winners. It's always fun winning something.
The only one I missed (other than Manhunt) was in reference to Acekard+. I thought that was a trick question. Is there such a card as Acekard+? Is that the same as Acekard 2? If so, that question was a bit misleading. Oh well, just curious.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
scootmcfly said:
First of all, thanks gbatemp.net for a great quiz and Acekard for their generosity. Also, congrats to all the winners. It's always fun winning something.
The only one I missed (other than Manhunt) was in reference to Acekard+. I thought that was a trick question. Is there such a card as Acekard+? Is that the same as Acekard 2? If so, that question was a bit misleading. Oh well, just curious.
AceKard+ was a revision of the original AceKard.

The original AceKard used a proprietary filesystem (AKFS) which needed you to use a software manager to access contents on the AceKard. The AceKard+ addressed this by using the standard FAT filesystem, thus enabling you to drag'n'drop files normally.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Congratulations everyone!
grog.gif

I got 8. 8!!!
laugh.gif
Should I be proud of knowing 8 answers or horribly shocked at such an appaulling score? (didn't use google, I wasn't trying to win so it's more fun that way).

And there's nothing wrong with Q11. It's not a trick question at all, you didn't read it properly, get over it.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed. No More Heroes and RE4 both created zero controversy so "all of the above" can be thrown out. Bully created a tiny bit of controversy but nothing compared to that of Manhunt 2.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch GBAtemp! I really enjoyed the quiz! I absolutely love random facts and such!

Thanks a bunch to Acekard as well!!

I can't wait to get it and try it out!

And congrats to the other winners as well!

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Congratulations to the 49 winners and one lucky person!

I score: 23 / 25 without cheating!! (google or wiki)
After my quiz test i did some re-search and I notice 'someone here' try to answer all the quiz and re-posted in 'Yahoo answer'... What a Loser!

18. Which of these cultural icons DO NOT have a videogame on a Nintendo console?
Your answer: Shaquille O'Neal
The correct answer was: Kool Aid Man

11. Which Wii title stirred up a large amount of international controversy?
Your answer: Resident Evil 4
The answer we were expecting was: Manhunt 2. This question not been taken into consideration in the final results.
? who made this question? lol...

forgot to thank to the GBATEMP Staff and Acekard for the competition and give-away! I can't wait for next competition!

scootmcfly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
scootmcfly said:
AceKard+ was a revision of the original AceKard.

The original AceKard used a proprietary filesystem (AKFS) which needed you to use a software manager to access contents on the AceKard. The AceKard+ addressed this by using the standard FAT filesystem, thus enabling you to drag'n'drop files normally.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought for sure it was a trick question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look... +1