Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YAY!!

Hope it comes in time for my birthday in August
smile.gif

3 Aussies =p

The other reviews look so professional compared to mine which was made by a kid.

PharaohsVizier said:
To the other winners: Congrats, any chance you guys could tell me what cameras/settings you used to take pictures of a DS screen, the quality of your pictures are amazingly good, something I can't seem to reproduce at all.
frown.gif
I just zoomed in and took the shot. I was a little lazy to get out the tripod, thats why all my shots are not centered properly.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh yey! haha i was getting doubtful towards the end with the sudden rush of reviews xDD. and the photo's i just turned macro on, flash off. my camera is one of those cameras which chooses the focus point for you and "tries" to make it look better by warping the things around it a little. hence the fisheye shots.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratz to the winners, and reviewers. Also thanks gbatemp for having another competition giveaway.
grog.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
YAY! Wow I am impressed with all of the other 4 winners' reviews, I honestly think mine was probably the worst of the winners, which means I should work harder. And god some of my pictures are ugly. Lol

Anyways congrats everyone.

O yea, you guys spelled my username wrong..... again.... XD At least I hope I won and it isn't a guy with a disturbingly similar name.

To the other winners: Congrats, any chance you guys could tell me what cameras/settings you used to take pictures of a DS screen, the quality of your pictures are amazingly good, something I can't seem to reproduce at all.
frown.gif
The trick to avoiding fisheye, is to go a bit further back, then zoom in on the object (optical zoom is better, but digital works too) that way you get a less distorted picture. (Obviously you still need macro if it's optically zoomed in)

Then I adjusted the perspective to make it a perfect rectangle and cropped. If you really want you could even adjust colours, contrast etc.

As for the wierd lines, that is mainly the camera... If you can do it you could try a longer/shorter exposure, to see if it gets rid of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out