Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So guys, safe to say Sony won E3?

If by win you mean did not prove to be quite as a great a disappointment then yeah (see phrases like one legged man in an arse kicking contest).

As grossaffe said though Ubisoft did well and definitely if their efforts are amalgamated into one showing (they pulled things from their presentation and showed them in more detail elsewhere).

That said I have still got to grab a copy of the Ubisoft presentation and repackage it without padding (maybe also including the other presentation stuff) and see how that plays.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might go Ubisoft again.

Really? I thought their conference was pretty lackluster to be honest.

Sure, there was some more Watch_Dogs and The Division looks cool (even after the lame introduction video), but beyond that? Most of it was an absolute slog. From starting the show with... some guy on guitar to the Rabbids TV demo to The Crew (Oh boy, another racing game!), etc. there wasn't much of interest on display. Rayman Legends only got a new trailer and AssCreed 4 (if people still care about Assassin's Creed) didn't show off any actual gameplay. Aisha Tyler is a great actress, I love her in Archer, but god damn, she could not carry that conference.

Sony started off pretty weakly, but at least they ended on an extremely high note. Hell, even EA had a better conference - they gave us a Mirror's Edge 2 and a Star Wars Battlefront announcement.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sony started off pretty weakly, but at least they ended on an extremely high note. Hell, even EA had a better conference - they gave us a Mirror's Edge 2 and a Star Wars Battlefront announcement.

You certainly have a point with most of what you wrote but as for the quoted part.... a sequel to what is at best a cult classic and is star wars really that relevant to games in 2013/could it really stack up against the now dominant franchises? Certainly dark forces/jedi knight, xwing vs tie fighter and the earlier battlefronts were very noted titles and though I would certainly not pass up the star wars license lightly as a game dev (even though other than acknowledging its place in history I do not care about it) it is hardly like the last few star wars games have been true system sellers. Hell past the N64 give or take rogue squadron for GC (more of a GC has no games gaems affair by my reckoning) has it really been a system mover?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You certainly have a point with most of what you wrote but as for the quoted part.... a sequel to what is at best a cult classic and is star wars really that relevant to games in 2013/could it really stack up against the now dominant franchises? Certainly dark forces/jedi knight, xwing vs tie fighter and the earlier battlefronts were very noted titles and though I would certainly not pass up the star wars license lightly as a game dev (even though other than acknowledging its place in history I do not care about it) it is hardly like the last few star wars games have been true system sellers. Hell past the N64 give or take rogue squadron for GC (more of a GC has no games gaems affair by my reckoning) has it really been a system mover?

I'm not considering them as system sellers - just as titles that seem interesting to me. (Plus, I wouldn't underestimate the draw of the Star Wars license. Even Kinect Star Wars, of all games, managed to sell like hot cakes.)

Also, it must be noted, Ubisoft lost a tremendous amount of points in my book for not mentioning Beyond Good and Evil 2 whatsoever. Come on, guys, step it up already!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)