playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Using points to get "gifts" was a very, very bad idea. Now GBAtemp will get turned into one of those "free stuff" sites that everyone stays away from.

I saw nothing wrong with the old downloads area. I can say I will NOT be using FileTrip.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
playallday said:
Using points to get "gifts" was a very, very bad idea. Now GBAtemp will get turned into one of those "free stuff" sites that everyone stays away from.

I saw nothing wrong with the old downloads area. I can say I will NOT be using FileTrip.
Well, you need at least 5000 uploads
I don't think most people will ever get there

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
playallday said:

Then people will just try to post useless crap and use up bandwidth.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
playallday said:

I think Another World will reach that eventually.
It's amazing how much homebrew that guy posts. He should be rewarded, he earns that Dingoo
moogle.gif

ShadowSol

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how long was all these preperations and how long were you people hiding this?

finally, will there be some kind of redirection when you click downloads on the top ^^^^^ there that will take you to filetrip instead to here?
unsure.gif

cheers on the new site
grog.gif
grog.gif
!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
playallday said:
tj_cool said:
playallday said:

If such a person would keep posting useless crap then he/she would get banned.

gypsygirl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First I was like 'wtf!'
then I said 'oh, okay...'
now I'm like 'this is awesomeness!!!
yay.gif
'

You guys did a great thing here, kudos!!!

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Costello, i think you must add some layouts in there (FileTrip) like GBATemp.net that has 3(i think) layouts...... great site anyway..
biggrin.gif

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
tj_cool said:
playallday said:

I have to admit I agree with your concern about the quality...or lack thereof...of some of the uploads we will be seeing in the future...people uploading crap just in order to get crap.

The thing looks nice, and is well-organized, but I do worry about the potential lack of quality in upcoming files that will be uploaded by eager-beavers who just want to get something for free.

In the old days, people shared good files because they wanted to, out of the goodness of their hearts...and we had good, quality stuff to download. I really hope that the quality standard does not change, but I fear that it will.

Of course, now, I speak from the perspective of one who will be more likely busy downloading rather than uploading. I don't think I could actually program anything worth downloading.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
I have 1 point already
yay.gif

kohkindachi said:
I assume 'illegal' files not allowed?
biggrin.gif

indeed, not allowed

Technically, isn't even homebrew "illegal?" where, exactly, does the line get drawn, anyway?

QUOTE(zhuzhuchina @ Oct 22 2009, 03:31 AM)
i think should be added a PC section too, there are a lot of abandonware old games without any copyrights problems .

that would be nice. My own wish list would include MAME files, but that probably won't happen. Even if not the whole MAME file, but just some of the sets that are needed to add to the existing files out there to make them work.

I have managed to make 150 good MAME's work on MAME4ALL on my Dingoo...most of them I had to bang my brains out looking for a set or two that was missing from the main file, and caused the files to be incompatible.

Clmamepro tool doesn't work for crap, either, by the way. It gives you a load of shit you do not need or want...and none of the good stuff that you DO need.

You would have no idea how hard I had to look around to get the chips I needed to add...to make Galaga work with MAME4ALL...it seems no-one has the good 37b5 files. And, as I said, the little tool I mentioned does not seem to help out any...it does not give to you the good chips you need to make some of the games work.

I'm down to a point now where there are less than ten games I am seriously trying to get working, and I'd then be totally happy with everything I got working.

ON EDIT - Can't get logged in over there to upload anything, I was gonna be nice and upload the Dingux application for the Dingoo...since I happen to have it right on my desktop at the moment. Me, I don't need any points or prizes. I just want to see this sort of stuff available.

FURTHER EDIT: Yeah, I know there's sites out there that supposedly have a torrent download of all 37b5 MAME's, but I don't have anything that enables me to download torrents. And I'm sorta leery of torrent downloads anyway. Besides, I just want a few files, not a few thousand.
If anyone could help, they should contact me privately.

nonysa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unable to activate account. :
wacko.gif

Got the verification email, every time I try to verify ... nothing ... nada ... like it would be if I just hit the site.

Booo! Hsssss!
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill