GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide
Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That would work, I was just hoping to keep things simple. A vast majority of mods allow for free distribution. Optifine is the only one I can think of that isn't.
Could be worthwhile for people like me who hate CurseForge. If it's too much effort though I do feel that.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah it's very simple to just copy the mod list

Upon further inspection it might just overwrite the options.txt
Why? I have no idea.
But Kirgane said their map data and waypoints were preserved.

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright just did the first mod update since launch and learned Curseforge doesn't handle updates well I guess lol

If the client doesn't automatically update for you, you'll need to right-click and select the latest version
View attachment 272121
Which apparently re-installs the modpack and clears all previous settings.

I'm uh, looking into a solution because that's pretty terrible. No idea why Curseforge operates like this.
fuck that means i have to reinstall optifine
to ease to pain (for me and a select few) can you add optifine as one of the mods in the pack (i need dynamic lightning and shaders)

Last edited by Crazynoob458,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fuck that means i have to reinstall optifine
to ease to pain (for me and a select few) can you add optifine as one of the mods in the pack (i need dynamic lightning and shaders)
It's been covered a few times but Optifine can't be redistributed. I feel your pain lol

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Especially given this is also a homebrew site.

If this sticks around a while, perhaps a mod bounty for a custom mod for the server? Like the old homebrew bounties.

Alright just did the first mod update since launch and learned Curseforge doesn't handle updates well I guess lol

If the client doesn't automatically update for you, you'll need to right-click and select the latest version
View attachment 272121

I'm uh, looking into a solution because that's pretty terrible. No idea why Curseforge operates like this.

Tell people to use GDLauncher instead? Curseforge isn't great.

Last edited by Mikemk,
Reactions: Chary

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I will be torturing myself by manually seeking all of these mods to play them on MultiMC rather than installing 50 other launchers for each server. I would prefer to keep my computer clean. Not to mention my fair share of client side mods I like to use (fair play, of course.)

Deleted member 560282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I will be torturing myself by manually seeking all of these mods to play them on MultiMC rather than installing 50 other launchers for each server. I would prefer to keep my computer clean. Not to mention my fair share of client side mods I like to use (fair play, of course.)
Luckily enough, GDLauncher let's me download packs from CurseForge

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to do that. 99.9+% of modpacks are on curse, and curse modpacks can be downloaded with the curse launcher, MultiMC, or GDLauncher, your preference. You only need one of the 3. I recommend GDLauncher, since it has a pack browser, but both GDLauncher and MultiMC are better than Curse launcher.

upload_2021-8-5_0-9-59.png

upload_2021-8-5_0-10-42.png

upload_2021-8-5_0-11-26.png

upload_2021-8-5_0-12-20.png

upload_2021-8-5_0-13-10.png

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 272121

There is no 'Versions' option for me...
Edit: It's because I enabled content management for the profile. Disabling it allowed the update. Carry on...

Last edited by Maq47,

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Maq47 You should be able to reenable HWYLA if you press 0 on your numpad and adjust the config there. After the update it had taken up a value from Malice's setup that hid it I think.

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw