GBATemp is getting bland for me?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
SO, two weeks ago I'm back to my hometown, away from high-end PC and internet access, thus I can't visit GBATemp.

After two weeks I got back, and well.... after i logged in, somehow the NDS-Games section remains as bland as it was 2 weeks ago

WTF?? No new topic? How come?

As of late, somehow GBATemp is getting bland to me, back then in GBATemp hot topics are around, quality members old and newlyjoined stir the fun, posting one after another, one refresh and an answer is there

But for some reason, starting December, no, starting November GBATemp feels so bland, quick topics everywhere, topics worthy of 3 posts and the purpose of the topic is lost. While new topics feels the same, old topics were already answered

I fervently look, NDS section, Games, Helps, Hardwares, Flashing Devices, Translations... no hot topics worthy of my time

Sony PSP section... not really useful for me.....

The Edge of the Forum, Blog Articles, General Off-Topics..... nothing caught my interest....

Why? What happened to me?

Is this the end for me with GBATemp? I sure hope not.

Maybe I'll try next week, or next month, I hope I can feel the fun of posting one after another again, been months since the last time

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry, whenever I take a vacation and can't come on the site for a while, I usually lose interest in it for a while. You just have to ease yourself back in. It becomes easier as you become an older member.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah... yeah I do hope so.... it feels like I can't do much in GBATemp, seing old topics, old posts.... kinda frustrates me

Yes, maybe it's best to stick to GBATemp and look for the happiness again eh? I'll try tomorrow...

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah Ive noticed how this place is a little slow lately, I think its mainly down to the holidays.

Everybody is busy with family, presents etc

It is picking up a bit now though since the new year. Just be patient.
yaypsp.gif

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Yeah, I sometimes feel like that when I come back to GBAtemp after a few months leave or so for reasons out of my control (when my Dad died..)
This is my 4th year here, and I've loved GBAtemp all this time
smile.gif
Although everytime I leave for a while and come back, the amount of people who I'm friends with and I know here decreases everytime, they suddenly disappear
cry.gif
Now I barely know a few people here now
frown.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually, Raestloz you're completely right, but that's because there isn't much to talk about on NDS scene anymore!
There aren't any new stuff, games that are coming out lately aren't that good...so everything is a bit calmer lately..
Blogs/Off-topic and the EOF are still very much active, but we have to wait for something interesting to happen on Nintendo part, so we can discuss it, you know!
I'm really surprised that Nintendo didn't announced next generation of a handhelds, NDS is still god and everything, but enough time has passed, and we have 3000+ games on it, GBA didn't even reach that number!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
oh, if I were you I'd stick around.
We've got some awesome stuff in store for you in 2009
smile.gif

Stuff that will... oh well I should just shut up. For now.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
smile.gif

Careful, they already took Hadrian's jurb!

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Ya man , i know how you are feeling and you are probably going to feel like this till and of feb and march because there are no good games till then..i am feeling so sad right now too, before 2 weeks ago i used to play my ds at least 3 hours a day and now i dont even touch it for games..!

Could this be the end for the ds era like the gba's one?

Probably not!

but i hope more games keep coming out as there are all bullshit ones in jan and feb..

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Ya man , i know how you are feeling and you are probably going to feel like this till and of feb and march because there are no good games till then..i am feeling so sad right now too, before 2 weeks ago i used to play my ds at least 3 hours a day and now i dont even touch it for games..!

Could this be the end for the ds era like the gba's one?

Probably not!

but i hope more games keep coming out as there are all bullshit ones in jan and feb..

You insult both Moon AND Core?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't find it bland, a bit repetitive maybe.
What is puzzling me is the shear number of visitors. Have we slashdotted or something?
2000 is not a normal number.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
smile.gif

Tell meh nao!!!!

Well, I lost interest a while ago, since I sold my DS (before that actually) but I stick around! The main reason is because I gotta find time to update my effing PC thread!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It's because most of us are busy in the holiday season... out having a life and such, you know. Plus, there haven't really been any DS releases in the past 2 weeks or so, so discussion is a little bland and slow.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for the posts mate, I'm kinda cheered up, lol

I can only hope my interests are here once again.... I missed the WHOLE december competition lol, too busy reading mangas and studying, not that my grades are good, but well, at least I did it.

Thinking back, I've been here for a year, have I? Might as well stick around, too late to go back now
biggrin.gif

But somehow, I feel like my knowledge is kinda dull, maybe I've got less information? Nonetheless, I hope holiday's over and GBATemp is full once again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1